About The Student Room
Where The Student Room came from
Way back in the summer of 2001, a student named Charles Delingpole had a particularly productive day.
He set up a website called UKLearning.net (that's it, on the right) - a student community dedicated to helping students with the important things in their lives.
That site grew into The Student Room. Take a look at everything that happened in between.
Frequently asked questions
- Who runs The Student Room?
- How is the site moderated?
- What do I do if I forget my password?
- What is the reputation system?
- What is a TSR subscription?
- How do I change information in my profile?
- What is the TSR wiki and what are articles?
- How do I change my username?
- How do I delete my thread?
The Student Room Group
The Student Room is one of a family of sites that make up The Student Room Group.
The world's largest student community, The Student Room has more than 1.1m members. Students come to the site for help with their studies, advice from their peers and, quite often, just to have a good natter.
Marked by Teachers is home to a huge online library of coursework and assignments, written by real students and marked by real teachers. Notes and annotations help students learn from the best.
Get Revising has been created to help students learn. It provides interactive tools which enable students to plan their revision and make study notes. It also provides a resource bank where notes and resources can be shared.
And here's what we're up to on Twitter
TSR appsQuick links
- ForumsBy section
Most popular forums
- TSR community
- Life and style
- Hobbies and interests
- Debate and current affairs
- Study help
- University help and courses
- Universities and HE colleges
- Careers and jobs
- GCSETalkGuidesBy subject
- A-levelTalkGuidesBy subject
- Applying to uniTalkResearchAdvice
- UniversityTalkStudent life
- JobsTalkGuidesDiscuss careers
- Relationships & healthTalk health & lifestyle
- News & entertainmentLatest newsFind more discussion in Debate & Current Affairs »
- Student financeFull-time studentsFull-time continuing studentsPart-time studentsExplore all our Finance content here »RepaymentResourcesPractitioners