Sponsored content, words by University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham guide
The University of Birmingham offers an inspiring educational experience and consistent outstanding performance across all league tables. Birmingham offers the best of both worlds: our glorious leafy campus provides a backdrop to your day-to-day life and study, and is just a few minutes from the vibrant city centre of Birmingham. By studying at the University of Birmingham, you will build lifelong friendships and benefit from high-quality teaching in a world-class research institution which nurtures talent and will support you throughout your life and career. At Birmingham, we are committed to investing in our success and the University’s historic campus is undergoing one for the most exciting and transformational redevelopments since its original buildings were completed in 1909. Birmingham is known for changing lives and transforming society, by studying here you will emulating some of the most eminent thinkers this country has produced; from transplant pioneers and life-changing cancer experts to great historians and philosophers. Today, we continue to develop innovative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges. We are a global university at the heart of an ambitious city.
17th (Complete University Guide 2015)
17th (The Guardian’s University Guide 2016)
15th (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2015)
The University of Birmingham was awarded ‘The Sunday Times University of the Year’ 2013/14
It is widely accepted that Birmingham was the first English civic or 'redbrick' university – established to support the ambitions of its home city.
Undergraduate degrees are £9,000 per year for UK/EU students, while fees for international students range from £13,500 to £31,000.
UCAS Code: B32
- We currently have 5,000 students from over 150 countries among our student community – the fourth-largest population of international students at any UK higher education institution, and the largest international postgraduate community in the UK.
- The University has a rating of 89% in student satisfaction
- Of our academic staff, 31% are overseas nationals.
- Birmingham is one of the UK’s major participants in the Erasmus programme, which encourages student exchanges between leading European institutions.
- We are a founder member of Universitas 21, a global network of 27 research-led universities across 17 countries.
- 4th in the UK for Graduate employability. 84% of our students are in graduate-level jobs or further training, six months after graduation.
- The University of Birmingham is 8th in the UK for graduate careers, with 40% of its graduate choosing to stay in Birmingham after their degree.
Sat 12 Sept 2015
Sat 17 Oct 2015
If you have applied to the University, you may also get invited to an Applicant Visit Day. These are usually held between January and April.
Download our UoB Student app featuring campus maps and lots of other useful information.
Alternatively, visit our webpage: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/contact/directions/indexold.aspx
View Larger Map