Sponsored content, written by University of Bradford
University of Bradford facilities
Library and study facilities
Many of the social spaces on campus can also be used as study areas, as well as the libraries and bookable group study rooms.
The J B Priestley Library has a full range of services, as well as teaching rooms, PCs and highly-trained staff. It’s open 24-hours a day during term-time.
On the Emm Lane campus the Management and Law Learning Resource Centre is a state-of-the-art learning environment, created as part of a multi-million pound redevelopment in 2010.
There is also a dedicated Postgraduate Research Centre on the city centre campus for research students.
- Free WiFi
- Several computer rooms and clusters – see where a computer is available in real-time using the About UoB mobile app.
- Borrow a laptop for up to 24 hours
- Access to our virtual learning environment, Blackboard, as well as Office 365 and other software packages
Career development service
Our career development service is there for you from the moment you arrive on campus, with help finding a part-time job, advice and guidance on CVs, interviews, applications for work placements and graduate roles. We offer drop-in sessions, one-to-one appointments and other events designed to strengthen your employability skills.
- Restaurants on city centre campus and Emm Lane campus
- Several coffee bars including a Costa Coffee in the Students’ Union building
- Sandwich shop
- Shops selling everyday essentials
- Blackwell’s Bookshop
- Unique: Fitness & Lifestyle – including gym, sports hall, swimming pool, climbing wall
- Students’ Union bars
- Prayer room
The University of Bradford Union of Students, or the UBU is here to support each and every student studying at Bradford, and we’re based in the £8m Student Central building. Every student at the University of Bradford is automatically a member of the Union. There are about 90 societies to choose from when you come to Bradford, as well as a radio station and huge volunteering department to get involved with. We put on lots of events, including the big Freshers’ Week extravaganza, and have a choice of bars and social spaces.
We have almost 40 sports teams – from archery to football to waterpolo – and take part in an annual Varsity competition against the University of Huddersfield. Sports are an integral part of university life, and the sports clubs are run by students with support from the Students’ Union.
Arts on campus
We have a gallery, theatre and music centre on campus.
Medical and welfare services
- Bradford Student Health Service
- Eye Clinic
- Physiotherapy Clinic
- Counselling Service
- Disability Service
- Academic skills advice