bluesky42 ( Offline)
Write a Message
You are not able to post a message.
Showing 1 to 10 of 17
Came across your post in a thread about you reapplying to Oxford whilst taking your first year at UCL. I'm doing the same, so I would really appreciate if you could answer the following questions, would be very helpful.
1) When exactly did you reapply to Oxford? Was it at the start of your second year at Imperial when most people submit their Oxbridge forms?
2) Did you do it through UCAS? Or separately?
3) Which were the colleges that said they would not accept a re-application? Which colleges said maybe? And which colleges were definitively OK with it?
4) Did you have to provide a reference from UCL stating your tutor's opinion of you (separate from a letter from the uni acknowledging they knew you were re-applying to Cambridge)? Or would a 6th form reference (e.g. that used on original UCAS form) be sufficient?
5) Were you successful with the reapplication in the end? When did they get back to you.
Thank you in advance
I applied for Cambridge to study Mathematics and I got rejected after being pooled. They gave me feedback that I was nearly to be made an offer. I will go to UCL this fall and I want to apply to Oxford next year while I will be in UCL.would you mind telling me whether you reapplied to oxford while you were in another university or not? And if you did reapply would you mind telling me whether you ask your tutors from your college or from your university to write you a reference. Thank you so much! would you mind sharing me about your reapplication. I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Ah thankyou! Nice to hear from somebody entirely uninfluenced by my badgering! Aha.
Nahh i'm not in halls. I live in London so it would have been pretty tough for me to secure accomodation.
Feel freee to give me a shout on facebook!
You're at King's!!! What are you studying?
Hey. I saw you got a 6 in latin in your post. What genres did you do for you latin exam?Which specific authours did you do and what peices? Thanks! Also what did you do for your IA? Thank you
Someone else asked me about what the syllabus for each of the modules were, I thought that information was available to everyone but it seems you have to login to view it. Since I already wrote a reply to him, I thought I'd forward the message to you as well, you might find it helpful too.
- Academic Info
- IB screwed- May 2011
- Last Activity 01-07-2012
- Join Date 19-05-2009
Join Date 19-05-2009
Total Posts 822
Showing 3 of 3