2006019 ( Offline)
Write a Message
You are not able to post a message.
Showing 1 to 1 of 1
i was looking through the 2013 veterinary medicine forum and whilst reading your comments saw that you were from Kent. If you don't mind me asking would you be able to tell me where you gained experience calving for a week as this was one thing I wanted to do. but i never found a place who would accept me. I would be so grateful. Also well done on getting full marks on physics I am struggling to cope with it haha
Pharmacy Assistant (Dispensary and Counter Work)
- About me
- I don't lead that much of an exciting life, I used to play the piano up until last year, but I didn't do grades as I wanted to enjoy it, I love skiing, but haven't been able to do that in a few years, I was in Guides until I was about 13-14, did so much with them, managed to even fundraise to go to Switzerland! And then comes my favourite hobby of all, horse riding, I'm not sure whether it's just a hobby, more of a passion really, I've ridden since I was about 8 and ever since I've become more and more in love with the sport and the animals - I now want to try as a Vet and later specialise in Equine!
Apart from that I do like to go out with my friends a lot, we like music a lot, the local music is alright actually, a few of my friends are in indie bands and so we go to gigs now and then as well as just generally going out. I prefer reading to television, I prefer to use my imagination rather than be given the whole story on a platter, although saying that I do still watch a bit of TV too. As I've said I love music, anything from the XX to Laura Marling to Ben Howard (love him) and I'm happy!
- Academic Info
- At GCSE I studied Maths, English Lit, English Lang, Triple Science, History, French, Tech RM, short course PE and short course RE. At my school we do an accelerated curriculum and so I did these in year 10, being the youngest in the year I was only 14 at the time of the exams and then the results came out a day before my birthday, but I managed to get 8A*s and 3As, pretty chuffed with that!
Then it what would have been year 11 we were given the option to study two AS levels with a GCSE or some more GCSEs, me being a bit mad decided to change the way things work and did 3: Maths, Statistics and French. We also were given the Wednesdays off for a large part of the year to do work experience. I will admit, I realised how shocking the French department was at my school in year 11 and sadly only got a C at AS level (irritating when I got a B in the oral!), but managed to get an A in both Maths and Statistics.
This year (Year 12), I carried on Maths to A2 Level and also picked up Biology, Chemistry and Physics AS, we'll see how that goes! I'm also doing an EPQ on bTB, which is actually so so interesting!
Work Experience Done:
- 1 week wild animal vets
- 2 weeks small animal vets
- 1 week, 14 weeks of Wednesday's and Saturday job for 9 months at animal sanctuary
- 15 weeks of Wednesday's at riding school and livery yard
- 2 days of lambing at separate farms
- 1 week of calving
Work Experience Booked:
- 1 year of 1 day a week at equine vets (from Sept 2012)
- Last Activity 1 Day Ago
- Join Date 07-06-2010
Join Date 07-06-2010
Total Posts 67