My Profile

Probablylucy Offline Female 

Junior Member

Last Activity 24-03-2014

Write a Message

You are not able to post a message.

Showing 1 to 4 of 4

My messages
  1. it is up to the academic depts themselves to provide help with the academic content per se (for instance difficulties in understanding the material or the concepts involved). from my experience the history dept are more understanding of special needs than PPR (politics, philosophy and religion) and will happily go through difficulties during their office hour or respond to emails.

    overall my experience at lancaster has been gd after having an awful experience at lancaster uni. please fire away any questions. i have summarised a complex issue the best i can and i am willing to talk to u about these issues further. u r more than welcome to email me etc. i hope u r looking forward to joining us
  2. if u get a diagnosis u will be advised to apply for dsa. after u apply u will have a needs based assessment (in uni) in which it will be decided what additional help/support u require. this is when the question of a laptop and specialist software will arise along with the possibilities of mentoring or study skills coaching etc. once the assessment is complete a suggested support package will go to SFE for ratification. this can be a long process.

    like i sat i have a diagnosis of more than dyslexia but the support i get includes mentoring, a notetaker (for lectures) and a specialist study skills coach (who helps me proof read my essays and teaches me how to improve my overall writing style. this support is provided by a contracted agency which is in turn paid for by SFE under DSA.
  3. Hi my name is Phil. I am a History and Politics student going into 3rd yr at Lancaster. I have special needs, including dyslexia amongst other things.

    The first thing you need to do is to contact debbie hill at she is the unis disability advisor. i am sure she will explain the processes involved but i will tell u briefly what usually happens.

    she will first advise that u get an educational psychologist assessment. this is basically in order to seek a diagnosis. these cost at least 400 quid but sometimes u can claim the money back either from the uni or from student finance england (at a much later stage).
  4. lol i take it your lucy :rolleyes:

About Me

  • About Probablylucy

    Where I study
    Lancaster University, History and Philosophy BA
    Star Sign
    About me
    One of those A-Level students that is in that horrible limbo-land between finishing little school and going to uni. That is, if I get the results I need to do History and Philosophy Joint honours at Lancaster !

    HOO-RAY I got in. Life is good.
    Academic Info
    Heading for Lancaster in 2011.
    History and Philosophy

    Roll on Freshers' week!!

My Stats

Total Posts

Visitor Messages

General Information

  • Last Activity 24-03-2014
  • Join Date 04-08-2011

Age 21

Location Carlisle

Join Date 04-08-2011

Total Posts 55

New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates