knight9434 ( Offline)
Write a Message
You are not able to post a message.
Showing 1 to 10 of 18
hi, you were saying you could tell me a little more about coventry ?
I means am not really a go out and get pissed kind of person .. i'll socially drink but thats about it .. so the nightlife isnt top priority tbh, although ofcourse freshers week all that may go out of the window .. how about the city itself? the people there?
So am I! Moving back on saturday! I've sorted all my stuff out in terms of the withdrawal from the course and the accommodation. I told the course leader my decision last night via facebook/twitter and went and saw her today so she could take me to the person who sorts out everything to do with the enrolments/withdrawals etc. And basically I have been told I'm more than welcome to come in tomorrow for a big activity that's happening on the course and she gave me a hug and said good luck etc if I don't see you again before you leave.
I do think that I will miss the course but I came to the conclusion that I'd rather do my 2nd choice course and be happy socially and personally than do my 1st choice and risk the chance of being socially/personally miserable all the time!
Hey yeah I am Noo it's fine! Write to me all you like. It is nice to find someone who feels the same It's slowly getting there, how are you finding it? Stay strong <3
Hi, I stupidly stuck it out for the year and then got a house for second year but never moved in I worked from home still with that university but then needed to repeat that year at my local uni. If I were you I would list down all of the ways I can get myself out and about and meeting people, and if you have gone through that list and nothing's worked and you still feel homesick, then I would enquire about transferring, I would probably give yourself a good couple of months u til the end of November.
ohhh right! Well I've spoken to accommodation and I think basically I have to give 4 weeks notice to leave the accommodation so basically whatever day they receive the conformation that I'm withdrawing to 4 weeks after that is the most I have to pay. And I've also been to the information centre and they've told me not to enrol this afternoon as that makes the whole process of withdrawing easier, so at the minute I'm just confused to whether I go to the rest of this week's sessions or not. I've emailed my course leader asking if she's free anytime today to talk in person so I'm waiting for a reply...
And basically once I have got things sorted with informing faculty's etc, the plan is that I'm going to leave this weekend and probably start at my local uni on Monday so I'll have only missed 1 week of proper teaching.
I do feel like I will kind of regret not sticking it out here because I do think all the lecturers here are lovely and I think if the course was only like a year long I would stick it out but I don't think that I'd be able to stand living here especially not for this year.
Its such a difficult thing to decide but I think because I'm not enjoying the whole experience of being at uni, so that is kind of overriding my feelings about everything else.
If I could somehow take the course and the staff home with me I would haha!
Ahh thats a shame, why do you feel so down about being there?
Hope coventry isn't treating you to badly
I just realised your studying at Coventry too! That's my home town! Are you still feeling unsettled? x
The loan that I would get is about a £1000 short of covering the accommodation fees. I think if they expect you to cover the full amount it's completely ridiculous! I had to register online before I came here so I'm on the system I suppose but I don't have like a campus card or anything yet. Yeah I don't know if I should kind of keep my course leader up to date with things or just wait until Friday when I've made like a proper decision, think I'm gonna see if she says anything to me today. Its all such a mess haha!
yeah ive only spoken to friends who i knew from home and this girl on my course she hates it to and wants to leave so were kinda looking into it together, could you not carry on getting ur loan if u move home and use that to make the payments of accommodation i think thats what i might have to go if they want the full amount, yeah go and find out all the cost issues im gunna make a phone call later and see who i actually need to speak to and go and speak to someone on my course about it as well, about enrolling ive already enrolled i had to do it online before i even came here so i think if i left i would have to formally withdraw but maybe just speak to someone and say you considering it so can it wait untill the end of the week or next week incase you do leave
No I haven't spoken to any flat mates about it, like you I don't seem to really click with them because most of them were here for most of last week so they've all kind of got to know eachother and they're not really my type of people. I've spoken at length with a girl on the same course and who is the floor above me in halls and briefly with another girl she is friends with and they both say that if I'm not enjoying it I should leave.
I just feel really disappointed because I really wanted to enjoy it here and it's just a massive shame that not enjoying the experience has put a downer on everything. I've got to go to some talks etc today but I just don't feel I want to, I feel like just hiding away in my room. Same, in all the things I was in yesterday I was thinking about home and how much I wanted to be there. I think even if I don't enjoy the course as much as I would potentially enjoy this one I think I would be able to stick it out if I was living at home.
I think if I have to pay for the entire year of accommodation I don't know what I'm going to do. Basically my parents have said if I have to pay for this term's accommodation the money has to come out of my savings but if the Uni insist the whole year has to be paid for I'm screwed :/
Today the most important things for me to find out are the cost issues, then I'm going to ring my dad again and discuss it more, then stick out the rest of this week and talk to my course leader again on Friday. But I don't know what happens if I say I want to drop out on Friday, I don't know what happens next week when the proper lectures etc start, I don't know if I would have to go still until I'm withdrawn fully... Another thing is I'm meant to be enrolling today, so I don't know whether there's any way I can not enrol if I say that I'm considering withdrawing, because being fully enrolled is going to make things a lot more difficult.
- Last Activity 2 Days Ago
- Join Date 20-02-2012
Join Date 20-02-2012
Total Posts 397
Showing 5 of 5