The Student Room Group

The Duke Of Edinburgh's Award's Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
TKnightrider
Now that is certainly a good package. I may have to consider it. I'm doing Pass Plus and that knocks off 30-35% off your insurance, which is woot for me ^^

There is a discount for young drivers, as well (I think it makes it about £75 all included). I'm really enjoying the extra tuition. My observer is really friendly and interesting. I didn't do pass plus (it wasn't very widely available when I did my test).
Reply 61
Es*
There is a discount for young drivers, as well (I think it makes it about £75 all included). I'm really enjoying the extra tuition. My observer is really friendly and interesting. I didn't do pass plus (it wasn't very widely available when I did my test).

That excellent that you get along with your instructor. Ye it certainly sounds appealing for me. I really like mine. We get on really well.
Bit of a request here for you :smile:

On TSR Wiki we had a page started some time ago about the Duke of Edinburgh Award: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/The_Duke_of_Edinburgh_Award

Yet, it has remained very basic. Would anyone here be able to 'fill it up' for us?

Maybe some ideas about what you can do and how you have personally found it etc would be great. Facts are great, but also opinions about what is good/bad/enjoyable/hard etc would be even better :smile:

RK
Will do
Reply 64
Roger Kirk
Bit of a request here for you :smile:

On TSR Wiki we had a page started some time ago about the Duke of Edinburgh Award: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/The_Duke_of_Edinburgh_Award

Yet, it has remained very basic. Would anyone here be able to 'fill it up' for us?

Maybe some ideas about what you can do and how you have personally found it etc would be great. Facts are great, but also opinions about what is good/bad/enjoyable/hard etc would be even better :smile:

RK

Of course. Would love to :p:
Hi.

:smile:

I'm currently doing D of E gold and i'd just like to ask, i'm about a 2 months into my Sports section and is it possible to still change?

It's just my D of E coordinator says that i need at least 4 months of sport/fitness to qualify for the expedition trip.

Will i be able to do another sport for 2 months then go on the expedition?
Reply 66
That sounds like a rule just for your centre - I didn't have to do fitness before my expedition bit - unless the rules have changed. Your best to talk to your co-ordinator about it.
But what i'm asking is will i be able to combine two different fitness sessions together to total my fitnes duration needed?

In other words, i took up 2 months of Fencing, if i take up cycling for 2 months will that add to 4 months? or will i have to start afresh?
Reply 68
I don't know.
~Kirsty~
I don't know.

K kirsty :hugs: Thanks for trying :smile:
Oh! I've hit another snag :sad:

D'you see the activity log? I haven't been keeping up to date. Should i just backtrack? Do i need the assesor of each field to sign it? :s-smilie:
Thanks for your contributions to the wiki page - much improvement :biggrin: Keep at it if you want. It's already a much better resource than it was :biggrin:
Reply 72
No Problem. Will do :biggrin: BTW can we attach pdf's or word docs to it?
Reply 73
Kagutsuchi
Oh! I've hit another snag :sad:

D'you see the activity log? I haven't been keeping up to date. Should i just backtrack? Do i need the assesor of each field to sign it? :s-smilie:

Ye you want to try and backtrack. Try to think hard about when you did it and keep it as accurate as possible. ^^
Reply 74
TKnightrider
No Problem. Will do :biggrin: BTW can we attach pdf's or word docs to it?

I don't think so, words docs can be copied and pasted over, pictures can be uploaded, you can add youtube videos.
~Kirsty~
I don't think so, words docs can be copied and pasted over, pictures can be uploaded, you can add youtube videos.

Yeah, ideally content added to the wiki should appear on it directly (in the terms of text, otherwise it's unsearchable.

Though, as a last resort, like with pictures, you can upload files on the wiki and link to them from other pages on there (so you could do that with the .doc and the .pdf files you have). However, I'd advise to consider all other ways of adding the content directly before doing this :smile:
Reply 76
Many thanks ^^ Roger Kirk and ~Kirsty~.
Reply 77
Well guys I have a problem, which we found out today which will get you all thinking. Our leader is an extremely poor one. He is late for sessions, disorganised and rude. He has said because a group of three has lost some members to other centres and other groups, he plans to split our group up. We have profusely protested against this stupid idea. The reason why we are protesting is down to the fact the people which could enter are group we do not get on with and would give him extra work with arguments etc. As a group we have decided to leave for somewhere else, if he goes ahead with the plan. Any thoughts?
If it is going to make you unhappy or unwilling to do the award then I would say so and would probably leave. I figure, why stay when you are not having fun? Isn't that the point of the award?
Reply 79
wizard710
If it is going to make you unhappy or unwilling to do the award then I would say so and would probably leave. I figure, why stay when you are not having fun? Isn't that the point of the award?

Exactly. We spoke to him tonight and he's giving the group 3 weeks to sort it out or he kicks them off. So we have half won it. They don't do much at all and really never come so it would be pointless splitting us up as we told him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending