The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i know its an a at as level but does anyone know what overall grade it is? i think it may be a c
Reply 2
240 = E grade at A level.
Reply 4
Only for an AS. Are you sure they asked for UMS and not UCAS points. Because 240 UCAS points is two As.
Reply 5
i think it was ums points.
Reply 6
whats 240 ucas points at a level, not as? im so confused.
Reply 7
godsangel
whats 240 ucas points at a level, not as? im so confused.

UCAS or UMS? You said you were looking for UMS, in which case I have already answered your question.
Reply 8
so 240 ucas points at a level is an a. i have no chance of getting that.
Reply 9
godsangel

240 UCAS points can be made up from many different scores. You could get 3Cs at A level to get 240 points overall.
Reply 10
godsangel

what university is it and what course?
Reply 11
Admonitor
240 UCAS points can be made up from many different scores. You could get 3Cs at A level to get 240 points overall.

Yeah but in the OP she says in 2 advanced level gces.
Reply 12
Admonitor

OP, I assume you are talking about UCAS points then?
Reply 13
my letter says that i will be accepted as long as i get 240 UCAS tariff points from at least 2 a levels so does that include my as grades as well or just a2?
Reply 14
godsangel
my letter says that i will be accepted as long as i get 240 UCAS tariff points from at least 2 a levels so does that include my as grades as well or just a2?

I think that includes all your a and as levels, but 2 need to be full A Levels.

So for full A Levels
A = 120
B = 100
C = 80
D = 60
E = 40

and half it for As Levels.
Reply 15
godsangel

240 points can be made up of 2 A grades (for full A levels)

However the most common set of grades in order to get 240 UCAS points is CCC (i.e. 3 full A levels)

Note that CCC is also equivalent to BCD and ACE grades.
If you are unsure as to what the offer is asking, call the university.
_Mazza_
Yeah but in the OP she says in 2 advanced level gces.

Yes, but if it's from "at least" 2 A levels..then surely it means you can do more than 2 to get the points.
Reply 17
To clear this up for the OP:

If you need 240 UCAS Tariff points from at least 2 A Levels that means you need to pass a minimum of 2 full A Levels. Unless it says otherwise, you can make up the rest of the points using AS Levels or other full A Levels.

At AS the points are;

A = 60 points
B = 50 points
C = 40 points
D = 30 points
E = 20 points

At A Level;

A = 120 points
B = 100 points
C = 80 points
D = 60 points
E = 40 points

So you could get two E and a D at A Level (so 20 points + 40 points) and then get 3 As in OTHER AS Levels (180 points) to make your 240 points.
Reply 18
tomoli
D = 60 points
E = 40 points

So you could get two E and a D at A Level (so 20 points + 40 points)

That should be 40 and 60 points for A Level!

Which means you would need 140 points from AS levels for instance.

But basically yeah, you need to include 2 Full A Levels as part of your offer, and you can make the rest up with AS Levels. To the OP - do you have any AS levels at the moment? If so, what grades did you get in them (any that you aren't carrying on to A2, that is). Then we can figure out what you might need to get for your A2s :smile:

EDIT: Thinking about it, from looking at your UMS grades, you seem to have got CCC at AS right? If you carry that on for A2 you'll be fine.

Latest