The Student Room Group

TSR Malaysian Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Sharizat lost as well.

Speedstacker, are you a jpa scholar? So your bf's reading pharmacy in Edinburgh University? That sounds great to me. I was shocked when i saw that INTER-COURSE relationship(just like Eru Lawliet did) as i accidentally omitted the hyphen sign.LOL.
studyboy
Thanks:smile: I surely will ask some of the seniors in TSR. By the way, most Malaysians are older than their uni mates in UK rite??

not really , half of the ppl in my course are older than me, and i'm already 20!! there's a 27 year old guy in my course, can u believe it? some of them have done a degree before hand. some took gap years and so on.
Nissay
no more Zainuddin 'erection' Maidin, whoop!

not sure about the margin. the mirror sites are working though, try http://malaysiakini.aizuikmal.com/ :smile:

i'm too young to vote :frown::frown: the only thing i could do for elections was help DAP out with their campaign.

Thanks for the link Nissay! I turn 21 this April and it's really frustrating that the elections have to be conducted so soon. Was hoping to vote! Are you from Selangor Nissay? I hope DAP takes Selangor with PKR...no PAS please :p:
Reply 1983
My friend told me DAP joined venture with PAS in several voting districts.
~Adel~
Does prestige really matter to you that much? I find UCL kind of a nice place to study in also. I was rejected by Cambridge this year and was thinking of reapplying too, but after all, Cambridge produces more brilliant scientists than excellent doctors..and i can't afford to lose a year..medicine is a longggg course as we all know..

isnt it 5 years? 5 years aint that long. i have to do 4 years for Pharmacy, so yours isnt that bad i think. And medicine is a life-long-learning career, you still need to study for exams and all those crap after qualified as a doctor, so i dont think you should mind the 5 years hehe...
Eru Lawliet
:eek:

i meant Pharmacy COURSE:biggrin:
^^^^ then it's intracourse my dear :wink:
~Adel~
Sharizat lost as well.

Speedstacker, are you a jpa scholar? So your bf's reading pharmacy in Edinburgh University? That sounds great to me. I was shocked when i saw that INTER-COURSE relationship(just like Eru Lawliet did) as i accidentally omitted the hyphen sign.LOL.

sry to sound dumb, but what's jpa? so obviously im not a jpa scholar then lol...but do explain to me tho.

We're doing pharmacy in Aberdeen, not edinburgh. There're only 2 uni that do pharmacy in scotland - Aberdeen (RGU) and Starthclyde near Glasgow (Starthclyde uni) And guess what, i am the only Malaysian in the whole phamracy course (1st to 4th years). All malaysians that i've met at RGU are doing Architecture.(sry cant spell)
Eru Lawliet
^^^^ then it's intracourse my dear :wink:

oh yeah, ur right hehe...i should know the difference between inter and intra, cus i study science:redface: .
Reply 1989
aw sucks for you Eru! i wish i could vote too, nowhere near the age though! 2 years off. and unfortunately, as much as PM'd like us to believe Anwar Ibrahim is still very much relevant :wink: nah, i'm from KL. i don't mind as long as opposition takes it, so Toyo can stuff one up his butt. i'm more concerned about parliament.

and Adel, DAP+PAS+PKR have a fairly loose coalition so they made arrangements pretty much everywhere.

and Izzah wonnnn :biggrin: she vs Khairy will be very very interesting.
Reply 1990
speedstacker
isnt it 5 years? 5 years aint that long. i have to do 4 years for Pharmacy, so yours isnt that bad i think. And medicine is a life-long-learning career, you still need to study for exams and all those crap after qualified as a doctor, so i dont think you should mind the 5 years hehe...

I mean spending an EXTRA year for the reapplication to Cambridge. I find it not worth it and i know i went for Cambridge solely for the fame, therefore it's time for me to face the reality now. There's no point of applying to a prestigious university just for the sake of fame or ego, after all, becoming a good doctor is my main aim. I don't mind spending 5 years(or whatever long period of studies) for a medical course, not for gap year.I'll only take a gap year if i don't get an offer at all.

Btw, jpa stands for jabatan perkhidmatan Am(public service department) which gives out scholarships to students who perform well in SPM(it's under the quota system too). Most of the malaysian students in the UK are JPA sholars. I thought strachlyde's quite famous for pharmacy, isn't it?(i can't spell strachlyde, i've only seen it once on the IMU's prospectus)
Nissay
aw sucks for you Eru! i wish i could vote too, nowhere near the age though! 2 years off. and unfortunately, as much as PM'd like us to believe Anwar Ibrahim is still very much relevant :wink: nah, i'm from KL. i don't mind as long as opposition takes it, so Toyo can stuff one up his butt. i'm more concerned about parliament.

and Adel, DAP+PAS+PKR have a fairly loose coalition so they made arrangements pretty much everywhere.

and Izzah wonnnn :biggrin: she vs Khairy will be very very interesting.

True Parliament seats are the crucial ones...although Anwar seems pretty confident that BN will lose the 2/3rd majority.

I want Anwar to be PM. I was fortunate enough to have the opportuntity to hear him speak at the LSE and I am convinced that he will absolutely do a better job than our Pak "I'm-so-lost-in-Davos-with-the-CNN-interviewer" Lah.

Crap doesn't look good for Izzah!

Malaysiakini
Uncounted ballot boxes in Lembah Pantai - 12.12am
IThere are another 14 ballot boxes that have not been counted in this parliamentary seat, throwing a spanner in the victory achieved by PKR’s Nurul Izzah against incumbent Shahrizat Abdul Jalil.
Reply 1992
oh snap! hopefully these boxes are kind to her, and hopefully they weren't just planted by BN or something :/

Eru Lawliet
True Parliament seats are the crucial ones...although Anwar seems pretty confident that BN will lose the 2/3rd majority.

I want Anwar to be PM. I was fortunate enough to have the opportuntity to hear him speak at the LSE and I am convinced that he will absolutely do a better job than our Pak "I'm-so-lost-in-Davos-with-the-CNN-interviewer" Lah.

that interview was cringe worthy :frown: are you in LSE? i'm hoping to go there, mind if I PM you some qs? >_> Anwar Ibrahim's a brilliant speaker, but i still have doubts about his agendas though. revenge or honest revolution? god know if he'd still be prancing about with UMNO if he wasn't tossed in jail.
Selangor Falls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 1994
OMGGGGGGGG Selangor.

this is ****ing crazy!
Nissay
oh snap! hopefully these boxes are kind to her, and hopefully they weren't just planted by BN or something :/

that interview was cringe worthy :frown: are you in LSE? i'm hoping to go there, mind if I PM you some qs? >_> Anwar Ibrahim's a brilliant speaker, but i still have doubts about his agendas though. revenge or honest revolution? god know if he'd still be prancing about with UMNO if he wasn't tossed in jail.

Yea I'm at the LSE. Sure just drop me a PM :smile:

Yea I am pretty concerned about his economic policy on the controversial NEP. He's not a supporter of it but I would like to see what other alternatives he will be able to offer to tackle this problem. In any case I think he should be more competent than Pak Lah as PM, just hope he's not in it for revenge.
Reply 1996
yeah, tbh the opposition hasn't proposed viable alternatives to the NEP. nothing that suggests parity anyway.

5th state on the way, I think. Perak?
Reply 1997
I'm looking at the results online at The Star's site. The Opposition only needs 2 more seats to deny BN the 2/3rd majority.

Well well...things are gonna be pretty interesting after these elections, I'll say.

Edit: Okay, just checked the official results site and the Opposition has won 75 out of the 222 seats, pretty much denying BN the 2/3rd majority.
Star is damn slow though. I am so happy that BR won 5 states this time, such an impressive victory that is sure to mark the beginning of a new era in the grand political climate of Malaysia. After the election results have all been finalised, the next question we will need to ask is: will a MP of Keadilan resign to pave the way for Anwar Ibrahim to return to Parliament with a by-election? We will just need to wait and see...

Edited: Okay Wan Azizah explicitly stated she will leave so I guess there's no ambiguity there. :biggrin:
Nissay
yeah, tbh the opposition hasn't proposed viable alternatives to the NEP. nothing that suggests parity anyway.

5th state on the way, I think. Perak?

Yea but bloody Rashid still doesn't want to concede defeat and announce the results. It's a very slim margin though, BN can actually buy a seat from the Opposition and return to power. I just hope the MPs can stand firm and not be swayed by money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending