The Student Room Group

Can you speed up your period?

Bit of a random question and one you'd think i'd know the answer to at the grand old age of 22. But I have my period at the minute, have had it since wednesday and would quite like to get rid of it before tomorrow night *cough*. Is there actually a way you can speed up the end of your period?

Scroll to see replies

the word suction springs to mind...but I don't really know, sorry!
Reply 2
I wish.
Lots of cold drinks/ice cream? Stops it like a bag of frozen peas stops a nosebleed.
Reply 4
Come now, maybe someone here knows something we dont :P
Stand up alot, and let gravity do the rest? :confused: Or tense your muscles and force it out :eek:
I have no idea, would be nice if there was a way.
louisedotcom
Stand up alot, and let gravity do the rest? :confused: Or tense your muscles and force it out :eek:
I have no idea, would be nice if there was a way.

:suith: :suith:
You know, I don't think there is.
Reply 8
I don't think there is a way....

Wish there was though!
If you end up with that sort of day of very little, sometimes excercise can make you bleed more - for me that would sometimes get rid of that last day - or make it less noticable anyway.

But there's no definate way.
Reply 10
Excercise. Lots of it.
I know you can take tablets to delay your period, and I heard that if you take them when you're on your period it stops it immediately. Bit late for you now though sorry.
Well, *cough* orgasms are supposed to help because they cause the uterus to contract which helps the blood come out. Also helps with cramping. ummm. Yeah haha.
Reply 13
Exercise and orgasms hmm. One of which I try to avoid, and the other tends to avoid me :tongue:
Reply 14
Anonymous
Well, *cough* orgasms are supposed to help because they cause the uterus to contract which helps the blood come out. Also helps with cramping. ummm. Yeah haha.

But... don't they make you feel more *******ed up because contractions add to the pain factor?
Reply 15
qubog
Bit of a random question and one you'd think i'd know the answer to at the grand old age of 22. But I have my period at the minute, have had it since wednesday and would quite like to get rid of it before tomorrow night *cough*. Is there actually a way you can speed up the end of your period?

ha, brilliant post. um, i tend to be one of those annoying people who has a 2 day period. this is convenient because, let's be honest, as if i could afford to buy more tampons at the mo. it's like one box lasts me a whole friggin decade.

erm...i'm not sure there is any legitimately tested means of speeding it up. maybe google it, although im sure there will be a lot of dodginess in the search results. is it still...heavy?

otherwise, i guess, as they say, (they usually being 12 year old boys in biology classes): "if the red river flows, take the dirt road".

(or just give him head).
Reply 16
halátnost
ha, brilliant post. um, i tend to be one of those annoying people who has a 2 day period. this is convenient because, let's be honest, as if i could afford to buy more tampons at the mo. it's like one box lasts me a whole friggin decade.

erm...i'm not sure there is any legitimately tested means of speeding it up. maybe google it, although im sure there will be a lot of dodginess in the search results. is it still...heavy?

otherwise, i guess, as they say, (they usually being 12 year old boys in biology classes): "if the red river flows, take the dirt road".

(or just give him head).

Gross :s-smilie: :biggrin:
Reply 17
Unless you can justify a GP prescribing you Norethisterone about now-ish, probably not. And even then it wouldn't be totally reliable at stopping it in time.
Reply 18
Helenia
Unless you can justify a GP prescribing you Norethisterone about now-ish, probably not. And even then it wouldn't be totally reliable at stopping it in time.

you always have super medical related answers man. respect.
Reply 19
Helenia

Nah. Once I had the contraceptive injection and when I came off it I had spotting for 6 months and even then it was difficult to get the doctor to give me Norethisterone, so don't think there'd be much chance of getting it just because i've got a chance of sex tomorrow night :wink: not that I would take unnecessary medication just for a sesh anyway :p:

Quick Reply