The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Most universities have different criteria for working out your overall final grade - you need to refer to your handbook to find out. However, as far as I know (and in my own experience) you don't officially get a grade as such for each year - if it's something you're bothered about, you can add up all of your module marks, divide then by the number of modules takes and you'll get your 'average' grade, which I suppose would be your grade for the year (that's assuming you're taking individually assessed modules, I'm not sure what you'd do if you're not :smile:)
Reply 2
Yes - I wish I had a copy of my uni handbook. I'm not sure if it works on a 'number of e.g. 2:1s' basis or a mean as you have suggested. I really need to find a copy.
Reply 3
Is it not online somewhere? My uni has all of this kind of stuff on the website, under something like 'policies and procedures' or 'examination and assessment'. Have a look at the duller parts of the website lol.
Reply 4
I've managed to find it, thank you.

Out of 8 Modules, the best 7 will be used to calculate a mean for the year.

The first year isn't counted - but a possibility for a scholarship exists if a student gets at least a 2:1 and comes from a low income family.

To get an overall first for the degree I'd require an average of 70% or above for the best 7 modules in the 3rd year + an average of 60% or more in the next best 7in the 2nd or 3rd year

The pattern to gain a 2:1 is easy to work out.

I feel better now.
Reply 5
Mine is the average thing.
I don't get the ECTS system though at all. If anyone knows can you explain it to me please.
Reply 6
Just looking back at this thread. I'm curious - how does your university work out your class of degree?

Latest

Trending

Trending