The Student Room Group

I fancy my teacher

I'm literally going insane over fancying my English teacher. I'm in year 11 now (I leave school in about a month and half) and have been completely obsessed with him since September. I follow him around school, know everything there is about him, make up excuses to go and see him all the time, try to impress him etc. etc.
I realise I'm acting stupid and really naive. Basically everyone in my year knows how obsessed I am with him, although lots of girls in my year including my best friends fancy him too. I know that he knows I fancy him as people have told him, and he's probably worked it out for himself. Even some of the teachers know as well.
This teacher is in his early thirties, and has a long term girlfriend. I just can't stop how I feel though, and have just developed a ridiculous obsession.
What should I do? Should I act on my feelings or what?
Thank you for all your help. xxx

Scroll to see replies

dolly-x-girl
I'm literally going insane over fancying my English teacher. I'm in year 11 now (I leave school in about a month and half) and have been completely obsessed with him since September. I follow him around school, know everything there is about him, make up excuses to go and see him all the time, try to impress him etc. etc.
I realise I'm acting stupid and really naive. Basically everyone in my year knows how obsessed I am with him, although lots of girls in my year including my best friends fancy him too. I know that he knows I fancy him as people have told him, and he's probably worked it out for himself. Even some of the teachers know as well.
This teacher is in his early thirties, and has a long term girlfriend. I just can't stop how I feel though, and have just developed a ridiculous obsession.

yea, so what are you asking on here?
Sounds like fun. If I were you, I'd keep a diary of my sightings of him, and give him a codename so that when you talk about him with your friends, no one knows.

Good luck husband-hunting :smile:.
It's probably just harmless.
A lot English teachers do tend to have that charm...

Just let it wash over you; there is not much else you can do :smile:
Reply 5
watch skins....? I know this sounds harsh ,but, get over it ! it would be impossible for anything to happen ie, his losing of job if any suspiscion of it happening. sorry for bluntness ,but there is no chance it sounds like you are embarsing yourself over it ..
My advice is this, don't do what someone I know did and slip a love note under his door which is then followed by many others until you leave him a note with a piece of your work for the subject and get reported to the headteacher for being obsessive to the point of stalking. :eek: And then when you're made to write an apology say 'I can't help the way I feel and I think we need to do something about it.'

Basically, I think I'm attempting to say, you know it's 'stupid' and as long as you don't act on it and it doesn't get in the way of your life then there's nothing wrong with a bit of fantasy, right? :biggrin:
Reply 7
Fair enough.
Thank you for all your advice xxx
Reply 8
dolly-x-girl

Umm, September is not a long time, and how he acts in school could form a contrast with that of outside schoo, also there are the practicalities of him being in charge thus it would be classed as abuse, even if he was to procure a relationship. I have been in same situation as you, it is common, so don't feel strange.
Reply 9
BombTheBourgeoisie
A lot English teachers do tend to have that charm...
That they do :smile: I remember an old one of mine...she had a great rack.
.Ed.
watch skins....? I know this sounds harsh ,but, get over it ! it would be impossible for anything to happen ie, his losing of job if any suspiscion of it happening. sorry for bluntness ,but there is no chance it sounds like you are embarsing yourself over it ..

What about waterloo road, or neighbours, or home and away (I think)? I concur with your point.:rolleyes:
dont act on your feelings. you'd ruin his job and imagine the reaction of your family and friends, trust me, not a good idea. i know everyone has crushes but this is one that you do not want to persue
Go for it, what's the worst that could happen? him losing his job.
Reply 13
Don't worry, it happens to a lot of us. Loads of people fancy / have fancied their teachers, just be careful not to do anything stupid about it. At my school there have been 3 (count them, 3!) scandals in the las few years with teachers and pupils, and I'm sure it has ruined all their lives. Basically, I know it's like suppressing true feelings and I know it's very un-romantic but you've got to keep it a fantasy. Hey, sometimes it's more exciting that way. ^^
Reply 14
bex_26797
What about waterloo road, or neighbours, or home and away (I think)?

I have never seen these wonderful televison programs you speak of , but i fear that they run along the same fanasty plot lines of many a hormonal teenagers dreams...
Reply 15
I used to fancy one of the teachers at my school when I was in year 10, he didn't teach me but I'd seen him around and man he was hot. I started talking to him when I was stuck working on open evening in the same room as him and from then on we started saying hello and having a chat whenever we saw each other. He had a girlfriend and went to this music festival with her and got me a programme signed by one of my favourite bands which he gave me as a surprise. Unfortunately he'd told a girl in my class he was looking for me to give me a present and so she went mad and told everyone and I got hauled in to the head's office to be interrogated about what was going on and was then subject to rumours about me sleeping with him.

In short, fancying teachers from afar is great fun (and I bet other girls in your year probably fancy him too) however there is a line which cannot be crossed between a teacher and a pupil. You'll find that once you leave you'll forget about him quite quickly but for now, back off because nothing will happen and you'll regret it if you do make a move.
Reply 16
what is life without wanting to suck your teachers cock? Nothing I tell you. NOTHING.
Reply 17
dolly-x-girl
What should I do? Should I act on my feelings or what?

Also, if he knows you fancy him then had he wanted anything to happen he could have made it happen. Which therefore means he isn't interested in a relationship with one of his pupils and is happy as he is.
Tufts
what is life without wanting to suck your teachers cock? Nothing I tell you. NOTHING.

My life is nothing? :frown: I am ruined!

Sucks to have no fanciable teachers anymore.
Reply 19
Nally
Also, if he knows you fancy him then had he wanted anything to happen he could have made it happen. Which therefore means he isn't interested in a relationship with one of his pupils and is happy as he is.

He isn't the type of person who'd risk his entire career though; he's far from stupid.

Latest