The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

God, hasn't this thread died yet? There was a huge argument a few months back about loving/hating Jack Wills.

Some people like it, some people don't. End of! Not everyone likes every article of clothing or particular style, but that doesn't make one blind bit of difference to anything. Someone isn't of a lower class because they don't like Jack Wills, or can't afford it. Their prices are astronomical, which some people aren't willing to pay and some people are.

Can we please end this argument now? It's tired!
When I wear my Jack Wills hoody, I usually wear a long coat over it, to hide the JW logo thing.
Reply 122
Proud to say . . . of the 3 things i bought from there a hoody was not one of them :P
Meh I regret it now, for the sake that they are so easily identifiable, but it is comfortable to wear.

I don't think I will shop there again.
Reply 124
i know i threw my hand books away as a sign that i will never set foot there again ( ive just realised how sad it must sound that i actually had my handbooks... )
Reply 125
I've never heard of Jack Wills before. Just checked out the clothing from its website and it looks like an overpriced version of Abercrombie and Fitch or even Primark, so it's really bad.

As for the price, well it's not too expensive, but definitely not worth paying because it looks crap the clothing quality is non-existent. This type of clothing does not even come close to that of bigger designers, so if this is what people with money spend it on, then imo, it's a huge waste.
x-Strathy-Salcombe-x
But I must say... I find some people's... hatred for a clothing line very amusing!:biggrin:

I must say ... I find the fact that some people ... are willing to pay £19 ... for a pair of boxer shorts ... quite amusing too.

**** ... off ... you ... stupid ... ****.
stryker101
welcome to the real world.
people will resent you for anything, especially if you have a decent accent and come from a nice backrgound, seemingly like this Sleepy_person!
Sleep_person! -
1) so you think that if you a posh you are automatically clever and classy people will always use apostrophes. you are so deluded its unreal
2) she never boasted of being "posh and from such an elite background", its just you using stereotypes..

She doesn’t think she’s posh? ‘Salcombe’ is in her screen name…
Fair enough she hasn’t actually said ‘I consider myself upper class’ but I’d say you’re the deluded one if you can’t see the image she is trying to paint of herself.
Now, as for me resenting people with a decent accent and a nice background.. I happen to have both those things thank you very much, unfortunately this has led to many confusing me with people like little Miss Salcome here. Understandably I’m annoyed when I seem to have come across somebody who embodies everything people seem to already assume I am.
I used to love Jack Wills, their designs were so my thing. I’m staying well clear of the giant printed JW logos now because it’s so negatively associated with people like that.
Megs925
i know i threw my hand books away as a sign that i will never set foot there again ( ive just realised how sad it must sound that i actually had my handbooks... )

That's really sweet :p:
Reply 129
i'd wear something from jack willis if i was nice and in the sales maybe. what i'm saying is that if something was a good price and i liked it i wouldn't not buy it because of the brand name. but mostly their stuff is too expensive for me, i can get the same style cheaper elsewhere if i want it.
i do not like the look i see on all the girls in south ken and chelsea though - track suit bottoms tucked into uggs with unwashed hair and jack willis clothes - meh, take away the unwashed hair, track suit bottoms and uggs... then maybe, but that's over half the look, haha!
I think Jack Wills stuff can be ok, provided you avoid the stuff with the huge logos. It's one of the only places that does casual well-fitting shirts for girls, and the price in the sale is usually less than Topshop. I think it's silly not to buy something you like just because of someone else's conception of the brand.

I do agree that the girls in matching rowing hoodies with messy hair and uggs look stupid though. Those hoodies with JW Rowing on them just look like PE kit.
OKAY. THIS REALLLY GETS TO ME.
Does it realllllly matter whether people wear Jack Wills or not?
Does it reallllly affect your life to the point where you are completely against Jack Wills and those who wear it?!
Fine, you seem the same types of people wearing the hoodies and then a denim mini with 'real' uggs. Or, the Jack Wills fleece bottoms with 'real' uggs.
It's clothing. And it looks fine. If people wear it because they've seen ten others wearing the same thing the day before, it is THEIR agenda.
I personally wouldn't buy Jack Wills because I think it's overpriced and would rather spend money elsewhere. Then again, I got a Jack Wills hoodie for christmas and I'm hardly not going to wear it because people think I'm trying to prove a point that I'm a 'wannabe rah.'
I'm not a rah. I don't wear chanel earrings and a string of pearls around my neck that my grandmother gave me. Even if I was, would I have offended you in anyway???
Fair enough, those who give you dirty looks because your NOT wearing Jack Wills are not worth associating with.

Literally cannot believe the number of people who are 100% against it.
Sure be original. But can you seriously say that your sense of style has never been influenced by others?

Just realised how long that was ! Sorrrry!
Pretty Polly
Jack Wills is awesome, not head to toe though, pieces in moderaion with other things looks quite nice. Jack Wills is what true british style is , not the trackie and trainers trend that seems to be the staple dress code.

:hitit:

I like Jack Wills look - I am quite preppy myself, so I like it by definition... though more so on girls like you. :biggrin:
Reply 133
It[s okay, does seem to rile some people though:confused:
Rather have Hackett or Hugo Boss.
Some of the girl's stuff is good.
i've just received a jack wills shirt from ebay and suspicious that its fake. can anyone please tell me what the buttons on an authentic shirt look like?

cheers
unknownking321
i've just received a jack wills shirt from ebay and suspicious that its fake. can anyone please tell me what the buttons on an authentic shirt look like?

cheers

mine are small and white ish and quite thick. does that make sense?

they don't say jack wills or anything on them. JW shirts also usually come with extra buttons in a cardboard pouch thing.

what makes you suspicious of yours?
Am I the only person who has never heard of Jack Wills other than on this forum? I've never heard it spoken out loud in my life. I clearly need to get down the polo club.

If you' mean the whole Ugg boots, long hair and denim miniskirt look amongst posh girls, yeah, that's hot.
Damn, I was going for thoughtful.
mine are small and white ish and quite thick. does that make sense?

they don't say jack wills or anything on them. JW shirts also usually come with extra buttons in a cardboard pouch thing.

what makes you suspicious of yours?

they feel a bit tacky(?)

are they slightly pearl/yellow like this?
Reply 138
Overground
Am I the only person who has never heard of Jack Wills other than on this forum? I've never heard it spoken out loud in my life. I clearly need to get down the polo club.

If you' mean the whole Ugg boots, long hair and denim miniskirt look amongst posh girls, yeah, that's hot.

Please tell me you're joking. :\
I just find Jack Wills clothes quite boring really, not much style in it. I can dress stylishly without going there. I find preppy guys hot but preppy girls look awful in my opinon.

Latest