The Student Room Group

NCIS Society

Scroll to see replies

Yuna47
Pretty much everyone in this show is amazing :biggrin:

This may be a little off topic but if you could amalgamate all these super-cool crimefighting programmes (not that we'd really want to, more = goooooood!) and just have one team - make it TWO if ya want (day shift, night shift) - who would be your ideal combination of characters? Mine changes on a weekly basis :rolleyes:

---------------------

Leroy Jethro Gibbs (obviously :p:)
Tony DiNozzo (couldn't separate the two)
Dr Mallard :smile:
Danny Messer
Calleigh Duquesne
David Hodges (He's amazing :biggrin: sorry Abby :redface:)
Mac Taylor (he'd be my kick-ass cop :smile:)

Gibbs, Tony, Ziva, Ducky and Abby.
I'd take Mac and Flack from CSI:NY, as well as Det. Angell (the female detective who appears every so often, played by Emmanuelle Vaugier. She should have a bigger part).
Take Nick and Catherine from CSI, and Calleigh from Miami.
That would be hell of a show.
Reply 21
Student2806
Gibbs, Tony, Ziva, Ducky and Abby.
I'd take Mac and Flack from CSI:NY, as well as Det. Angell (the female detective who appears every so often, played by Emmanuelle Vaugier. She should have a bigger part).
Take Nick and Catherine from CSI, and Calleigh from Miami.
That would be hell of a show.

Catherine?! :eyebrow:

First time I saw Det. Angell, I thought Aiden Burn was back from the dead :p:

Y'all are right about the chemistry between the characters on NCIS, they work well together. Law & Order has always worked well too.

Any least favourite NCIS characters? To me, Director Shepard doesn't seem tough enough compared to everyone else! :rolleyes:
Compared withthe CSI teams, NCIS may not be quite as good at solving the crimes but they definitely have the best chemistry as a team (like the pairings in Law and Order) and are the most fun to watch.

Yes but NCIS and CSI are completely different things.
NCIS is much more heavily affected by politics - there are a lot of power struggles between NCIS and the FBI because a good deal of the incidents investigated have links to sensitive areas like terrorism.
CSI is not - well apart from Miami, but Horatio is more a vigilante than a CSI.

You are right, the NCIS team does have by far the best chemistry.
I always think Law & Order tends to stay away from the personal lives of its characters, so chemistry is very limited there.

NCIS solve crimes very efficiently. NCIS is the law enforcement agency of the US Navy and Marine Corps, like the US Army CID and our own Red Caps etc. This means that they're not going to deal with "standard" things that the CSI franchise deal with. Instead they're focused on protecting the Navy and it's personnel whilst solving crimes involving Naval and Marine personnel. I think everyone can agree that the character chemistry is brilliant on the show far better than the CSI's where there seems to be a lot of ego involved.

Haven't decided which would go into which team.
Reply 24
I think there is something weird about Tony's girlfriend
Like she is a spy or something
I mean who was taking the photographs of them in her flat?
Was it her ex?
She's got me all confused :s-smilie:
WARNING THIS POST CONTAINS SPOILERS

Read only if you wnat answers to the previous post.

I've watched most of season 4 on FX (sky channel 165) which is ahead of FIve in terms of episodes.

Jeanne's ex was a DC police detective who is shot and killed in "Friends and Lovers" episode 85. He and Tony bond because they ahve similar interests however neither know that the other is/was (for the detective) with Jeanne.
As for Jeanne herself, she is the daughter of "La Grenouille" an arms dealer who Director Shepard is hunting. She heads the operation which sees Tony undercover (throughout the series) as a Professor dating Jeanne in order to get closer/gain intel on "La Grenouille".
As for the photographs the writers haven't given us answers but have given possible "suspects". I think it is likely to be one of "La Grenouille" men, who is actually a CIA operative. The CIA has setup an operation for the same reason as Director Shepards operation.
Question.

In the final episode of season 2 and at the start of season 3, Ari killed Kate, took a shot at McGee, Abbey, kidnapped Ducky and Gerald and tried to kill Gibbs (multiple times), why didn't he target Tony?
Reply 27
Thats a fair point I never thought of that before.
Tony would probably have been next on his hit list had things not worked out for him (luring gibbs to him)
Or
Maybe Ziva kept beside Tony too much for Ari to take the risk of harming his sister as well. Who knows.

x
Reply 28
I'm keeping up with the American schedule for the show which is currently airing over there just now (just finished ep 14)
Here is a website if you want to catch up till season 5:
http://www.cashloopholes.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1933

If you want to watch season 5 then check out www.alluc.org

Hope this helps you NCIS fans!

Current favourite moment;

Ziva: "The lawyer was drooling all over Tony...why doesn't he just sleep with her?....What?!? Its a viable interrogation technique!"
Gibbs: "I've done it"
Ziva: "me too"
Followed by McGee's look of shock and disgust haha!
My mum and I are obssessed with this show! My favorite characters have to be Ducky and Abby, I think they could do a show with just them: The Ducky and Abby Show :redface:

Yes, ok I'm sad, but I love the humour and think the entire dynamic structure of the show is completely different to CSI. I quite like the way the plots unfold and the way the team interact with each other.

My mum loves watching Ducky (a.k.a David McCallum) because he was a 60s heart throb when she was a little girl, and I have to say (after having done some research in to what she was waffling on about) that she has good taste!

Can't wait to see the rest of the new season :biggrin:.
Reply 30
Beccydoodaa
Yes, ok I'm sad, but I love the humour and think the entire dynamic structure of the show is completely different to CSI. I quite like the way the plots unfold and the way the team interact with each other.

That's not sad at all! :biggrin: We're all the same, I think. Way back when it was first starting (a while ago now, eh? :redface:) I was expecting it to be a CSI clone - but yup, the character interaction and that fine balance between the humour and the serious parts :gthumb: I was pleasantly surprised :smile:

David McCallum looks fantastic for his age! And I still love how he throws in little bits about Scotland now and again! I like how they didn't turn him into another irritating medical examiner (*coughs* Alexx Woods - CSI Miami *coughs*) He'd be fantastic to work for - personally I could probably listen to his stories all day long! :biggrin:

----------------------

Once again, don't read this if you don't want to know what's happening in the episodes airing in America just now (we're talking major potential spoiler here) the thing is, there's something I really do want to know...

Spoiler

No not sad at all.
Adding in those bits about scotland really adds to the show's dynamic and feel. Everyone on the team seems natural in their roles making the show incredibly realistic.
I love the fact that Ducky adds his bits about Scotland and also some of the really interesting, if irrelevant little tid bits about his character. I can't quite remember which episode it was but he mentions going hunting with falcons 'in his youth'. I think little things like this give the characters so much more depth.

I'm not sure about the spoilery question, although I know about the main speculations. I'm not sure how to put the spoiler tab in so if you'd like to hear more about *speculation* feel free to let me know :smile:
Reply 34
[COLOR="Purple"]lol! Took me a while to work out the spoilery thing too (I was feart of suffering the wrath of the peeps :smile:)

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yeah I reckon it's either Ziva or one of Jeanne's father's men.

Spoiler

We need a count down to this episode or something :cool:.

P.s whoohoo! It works, thanks Yuna47 :hugs:
What's your favourite episode from any series so far?
Mine are Bete Noir (1x16), Lt. Jane Doe (2x04), Meat Puzzle (2x13), SWAK (2x21) and Bloodbath (3x24)....Those are just my favorites from the early seasons :biggrin:

If I had to pick just one I'd say Meat Puzzle :smile:

Yours?
Tough. Top 5 (from first 3 series) would be:

-Yankee White (1.1)
-The Bone Yard (2.5)
-SWAK (2.21)
-Kill Ari (3.1+2)
-Bloodbath (3.21)

Out of the five (6 if include both parts of 'Kill Ari') I'd have to say my favourite would be 'Kill Ari' both parts.

Quick Reply

Latest