The Student Room Group

Problems with Female teachers

This poll is closed

What is your opinion on Female Teachers?

They are very nice, much nicer than the male.13%
Most of them are bitchy, only a few exceptional. You can't blame them coz it's their hormones' fault.25%
Female and male are the same to me.62%
Total votes: 128
For some reasons, I can never get on well with most female teachers. I have been studying in this girls grammar for two years. I found that female teachers in girls school are particularly more bitchy than others.

For example, female teachers focus on the quantity, neatness and the artistic level of a piece of homework, rather than the content and quality.
In physics, my male teachers encourage us to write as concise as possible. They don't care how I present my work, and very happy about how it looks.
While in biology, the females comment harshly on the quantity and neatness of students' work. They expect a fancy looking cover, ideally pink; in a plastic transparent folder; as many words and paper as possible (it resembles the Charles Dickens era: paid by number of words).
Once a 50s single woman (probably still a virgin) told me off, for not putting lines around my data, "it is NOT a table, it is a list! I want a table..." she said.
She wants me to copy the whole thing to another paper, because I crossed out a few words or I used Tipp-Ex. (male teachers never give a damn about it)

Is it my problem? Or their problem? Are you in the same situation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
just remember that at the end of the day all that matters is that you are doing well...and usually you know that better than your teachers.

Your aim is to get good results not to please them, it usually happens that the two coincide but when they dont...the former is the most important
Reply 2
...I've never noticed that with my male/female teachers...
hm.
I meant to click all three 'cos I like clicky buttons but my stylus slipped.
Two out of three of my favourite teachers have been female, though on the whole I prefer male teachers. They don't get pregnant.
Reply 4
Haha, I had a couple of female teachers like that, I just thought **** it I'm not going to change for these idiots, did fine in exams **** their stupid comments about neatness. I had a really really anal male teacher though; did the thing with tables you mentioned, had to underline with a ruler, extra marks for using different coloured pens like a primary school kid, it was pathetic.

ps. your poll options are just stupid.
Reply 5
"You can't blame them coz it's their hormones' fault"

quite possible the most annoying thing someone can over say...

you're in a girls grammar, but that sounds incredibly male... (mixed sixth form? :s-smilie:)
Reply 6
afua12
"You can't blame them coz it's their hormones' fault"

quite possible the most annoying thing someone can over say...

you're in a girls grammar, but that sounds incredibly male... (mixed sixth form? :s-smilie:)

I'm a girl! :p: Maybe I think like a guy.
Reply 7
lol ok - it's just suprising to hear a comment like that come from a girl!

but yeh - it's just some silly teachers being... silly.
Whether you rule a table or not is not going to affect your grades/iq/future happiness in life... I'd suggest just doing what they ask to keep them quiet/off your case, and then once your gone doing whatever the hell you want with your tables!!
Reply 8
If anything i find that female teachers are too "nice," leading to an inability to control the class, or to the fact that under some we never get any real, substantial work done.
Reply 9
I used to have a male teacher who wanted to downgrade me because in lessons my table wasn't "tidy enough". So it's not only a female problem I guess...
But my current English teacher freaked out when I handed the homework in on squared paper....I seriously hate that woman.
My favourite teacher have allways been men and women...but mostly men
Reply 10
I've not found female teachers being more picky or bitchy than man teachers, my favourite teachers, the ones who I really 'get', have always been male.
I had one Female teacher and she was a hardcore NeoFeminist who coloured EVERY history topic with a feminist perspective, leading to a total absence of exam related knowledge
favourites have also been male, and the others are man like women ahahah

women are picky and yes bitchy.
Reply 13
afua12

Whether you rule a table or not is not going to affect your grades/iq/future happiness in life... I'd suggest just doing what they ask to keep them quiet/off your case, and then once your gone doing whatever the hell you want with your tables!!

It does affect my grade. I got Bs in written paper and E in coursework. Luckily I drop that subject, don't have to see those old maids anymore.
My ICT teacher is a mid-twenties female and she flirts with all the guys in my class... and she never seems to talk to me :rolleyes:
A good teacher doesnt depend on gender I found, however I was closer to the male teachers I had, but It may have been a coincidence.
Reply 16
fastswift
For some reasons, I can never get on well with most female teachers. I have been studying in this girls grammar for two years. I found that female teachers in girls school are particularly more bitchy than others.

For example, female teachers focus on the quantity, neatness and the artistic level of a piece of homework, rather than the content and quality.
In physics, my male teachers encourage us to write as concise as possible. They don't care how I present my work, and very happy about how it looks.
While in biology, the females comment harshly on the quantity and neatness of students' work. They expect a fancy looking cover, ideally pink; in a plastic transparent folder; as many words and paper as possible (it resembles the Charles Dickens era: paid by number of words).
Once a 50s single woman (probably still a virgin) told me off, for not putting lines around my data, "it is NOT a table, it is a list! I want a table..." she said.
She wants me to copy the whole thing to another paper, because I crossed out a few words or I used Tipp-Ex. (male teachers never give a damn about it)

Is it my problem? Or their problem? Are you in the same situation?

God it sounds like everything I was tought in A level Sociology as to why there is a achivement difference in education between men and women.
This year all my teachers save one are female. I like all of them.

However...my head of year is female and is possibly the most unpleasent human I have ever come across.

Swings and Roundabouts I suppose.
im going through the same thing at my coll (which is mixed but the female teachers are so slow). i know im a girl and i don't want to come across sexist to my own gender - i'm an equalist - but scientific research has shown that most women's brains work in different ways to men. ie. if you're a girl studying Eng Lit with a woman then you're fine, but if like me you're studying maths with a female teacher you're not that lucky 9/10 times.

but as long as you can make up for the teaching yourself, you dont have a problem as long as they dont mark any coursework for you.
I do realize a little what you're talking about, but in my school the difference is minimal, the only issue is that when teachers complain about my handwriting, 90% of the time it is a female. For the rest I don't actually notice any difference.

Latest

Trending

Trending