The Student Room Group

Cost of a car re-spray?

When I pass my test, Im sharing my car with my mum. It'll be a small car like a fiesta or a corsa etc. Well anyway, Im hoping to get it resprayed, bodykit etc. Does anyone know roughly how much a half decent respray in a totally different colour will be? Im hoping to do it pink xxx thanks alot!

Scroll to see replies

for a decent job, not just a "blow over" or overspray, you're looking at several thousand pounds.
Reply 2
I know its going to be alot, but I just wanted to know if anyone has had their car done, and how much it cost them etc.
Reply 3
Get your coat. We wont be held responsible for the chavvy monstrosity that would result.

But you could be looking at well over 1000 to have the car stripped and professionally resprayed. Plus it WILL make the car virtually unsellable.
Mr Catbert
Get your coat. We wont be held responsible for the chavvy monstrosity that would result.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

true.
Reply 5
Mr Catbert

But you could be looking at well over 1000 to have the car stripped and professionally resprayed. Plus it WILL make the car virtually unsellable.

I disagree.

Isn't calling something 'chavvy' and worrying about being a 'chav' a bit high-school?
Piglet_x
I disagree.

Isn't calling something 'chavvy' and worrying about being a 'chav' a bit high-school?

I'm not sure that "chavvy" was the key word... more "monstrosity"

Bodykits more often than not, especially on corsas = monstrosity

If you really want a pink corsa... buy one, it'll be cheaper than respraying one.
Reply 7
No, If I see a bodykitted car, let alone a pink bodykitted one... Then I immediately know its chavvy, even if the queen was driving it.

Seriously though, if you do that, it will be virtually unsellable. If its a modern car, you will probably halve the value, if its a banger, you will struggle to give it away!
Reply 8
I guess yeah. I dont necessarily want a corsa, I was just giving an indication of size. I have seen some pink ones for sale, but I wanted the satisfaction of knowing I have done the car up myself, rather than cheating and having bought it like that, if you know what I mean.
Reply 9
There would also be castraphic effects on you car insurance if you start putting on stupid body kits which will just do nothing than add extra weight to an already underpowered car. While you're at it why not slow things down further by adding a fat bore exhuast and upset the compression?
Reply 10
Mr Catbert
No, If I see a bodykitted car, let alone a pink bodykitted one... Then I immediately know its chavvy, even if the queen was driving it.

Seriously though, if you do that, it will be virtually unsellable. If its a modern car, you will probably halve the value, if its a banger, you will struggle to give it away!

Compare prices of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-FORD-KA-PINK-AKA-PINKY_W0QQitemZ180235167500QQihZ008QQcategoryZ9844QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-52-FORD-KA-BLACK-IDEAL-FIRST-CAR_W0QQitemZ180236085686QQihZ008QQcategoryZ9844QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Reply 11
AT82
There would also be castraphic effects on you car insurance if you start putting on stupid body kits which will just do nothing than add extra weight to an already underpowered car. While you're at it why not slow things down further by adding a fat bore exhuast and upset the compression?

Are you bitter? Do you have a horrible car?
i feel ill
The black one has done twice the mileage though...
Reply 14
Piglet_x
Are you bitter? Do you have a horrible car?

I have a simple unmodified car, it is original as Ford intended. As a result it has the power to weight ratio Ford intended, the insurance companies won't refuse to pay out, and I won't get laughed at!

Am sorry but these chavs no nothing about cars, if you have a 1.1 litre engine then all putting a body kit is going do it slow it down a lot. The same goes for these silly exhausts it actually causes you to loose power.

Now would you excuse me, I have some throwing up to do.
Reply 15
Still, if a pink car was unsellable, it wouldn't get to over a grand would it.

Is anyone going to actually answer my question?
Reply 16
AT82
Am sorry but these chavs no nothing about cars.

*know
between 250 and 2500, or as high as 11,000 depending on the condition of the metal work underneath the paint, the quality of the paint job, the type of paint used and whther you want them to fit the bodykit for you.
Reply 19
You know you liked it really.

Quick Reply