The Student Room Group

How do you do anti log on the calculator!

This was really annoying me, plus the fact that none of my teachers told me how to do it! But what exactly do you press on the calculator. For example:
An acid has a pH of 3. What is the concentartion of H+ ions?
pH=-log10[H+]
3=-log10[H+]
-3=log10[H+]

The answer is [H+] = 10-3 moldm-3.

errr my question is how?:confused:
Reply 1
Err....that's right...

In general your antilog function should be "shift/2nd function" and then the log button

or if you really cant find it, just do

Unparseable latex formula:

10^-^p^H

Reply 2
10^
wtf is anti-log?

If I have to calculate the concenrtation of H+ ions, I go:

-3 = log (base 10) (H+)
which is equal to:
10^-3=H+
Reply 4
Anti-log is the inverse of the log function, antilog is also known as 10^. It works the same as e^ is the inverse of the ln function.
Reply 5
IChem
Err....that's right...

In general your antilog function should be "shift/2nd function" and then the log button

or if you really cant find it, just do

Unparseable latex formula:

10^-^p^H

THANK YOU!!!!!! OH I COULD JUST KISS YOU! :biggrin: YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND FOR HOW LONG I WAS TRYING TO WORK THAT OUT FOR!
Reply 6
Hehe, damn I'm good :p:
Reply 7
IChem
Hehe, damn I'm good :p:

Pfft, editing after I posted the answer :hmmm:

:p:
Reply 8
Meh, I knew it anyway, I just added on a little extra to my post...
Reply 9
IChem
Meh, I knew it anyway, I just added on a little extra to my post...

PLAYJEEARISM!!?!?!1

I think I've made my point.

:redface:
Reply 10
No-one has given a precise answer - it depends on the base. Log(base 2)y = x is "anti-logged" by raising 2^x. lny = x is "anti-logged" by raising e^x.

However, the standard on the calculator uses base 10 so I'll let you off... for now.
Reply 11
HCD
No-one has given a precise answer - it depends on the base. Log(base 2)y = x is "anti-logged" by raising 2^x. lny = x is "anti-logged" by raising e^x.

However, the standard on the calculator uses base 10 so I'll let you off... for now.

However, adapted to these circumstances (calculations involving pH) it will be nothing but log (base 10) :p:
Who we find antilog
That what usually shift button do in big ass calculators.
Just press the shift key before you press the log button and BINGO - you got antilog operation

But you better use some application for your phone if your calculator does not has this button for some reason
There is bung of calculus apps on the web, here a short list of them, in this article and this one
(edited 6 years ago)
What is the antilogarithm of 9.74Please someone help me out immediately

Quick Reply

Latest