This poll is closed

Mechanics or Statistics?

Mechanics69%
Statistics31%
Total votes: 105
Which do you prefer?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Set up a poll. All you'll get is spam otherwise. Go on thread tools and add poll and set it up there.
Reply 2
statistics is much easier (so ive heard) but it can also be really boring
Reply 3
Mechanics!

Stats will bore the hell out of you.
Mechanics for me is the easier off the two, I could never really get my head around stats
Reply 5
Mechanics anytime.
I prefer Mechanics too...much more interesting,statistics is BORING as far as im concerned,also I find it more difficult.I can't understand people who say it is easier!?
Reply 7
If you enjoy a good sleep during lessons, choose statistics. Otherwise, go for Mechanics.
Reply 8
Mechanics by a long way. S1 is so boring, although i have heard S2 and S3 are far more interesting.
Reply 9
Statistics is a little tedious (IMO) - I much prefer Mechanics. In terms of difficulty though, I would say they are about on par with each other (although initially Mechanics was a bit more tricky).
Go for Stats, Mechanics made my brain hurt. :eek2:
It really varies from person to person. I found mechanics really hard to get my head around at first, but I've got significantly higher marks in M1+M2 than S1+S2. It's much easier to drop marks in stats, I find.
Reply 12
Mechanics! Stats is oh-so boring.
peach plum pear
It really varies from person to person. I found mechanics really hard to get my head around at first, but I've got significantly higher marks in M1+M2 than S1+S2. It's much easier to drop marks in stats, I find.

I agree.Once you have got your head around the basic pricipals in Mechanics, I think you can acheive a high mark.Wheras in statistics, you can lose marks through little mistakes fairly easily.
Reply 14
i believe its easy to get a higher mark in statistics than mechanics with less practice...
Reply 15
Mmmm Headaches
Physics = Mechanics. Statistics = Biology/wanting to commit suicide
Reply 17
trance addict
Physics = Mechanics. Statistics = Biology/wanting to commit suicide

Physics = Statistical Mechanics, actually.
Reply 18
At a level you don't learn what the hell your doing in stats. With mechanics its a different ball game requiring a thorough understanding.
Reply 19
Mechanics, the best part of my physics course too.

Quick Reply