The Student Room Group

Waitrose application help.

i wrote this on the john lewis thread as they are ran by the same company but i need help finishing off my application for waitrose...initially i wanted help with four questions but now im down to the final one and i really want to make the best impression, the question is:

What makes a job with Waitrose the right job for you?

i mean what are the kind of things that would go in this section, is it stuff like 'i would like to develop new skills and gain more experience', the maximum is 150 words but i have mind block so if anyone has ideas of what they would put it would be grately appreciated!
also in the 'additional information to support your application, including appropriate experience and achievements' section, what type of things would i put in there? is it certificates like food hygeine and stuff?

thanks
Right, for the first question say something like ... 'Working at Waitrose will be the right job for me as I am very customer motivated and enjoy interacting with the general public. I will make positive contributions to the partnership by maintaining a high level of customer service'

Do one thing- make sure that somewhere you mention something about customer service, thats the main thing they want the partnership to represent, 'I believe in great customer service' - they'll love you if you say that. Honestly, ive been there 2 years, its the main subject in branch meetings.

Im not sure about the last question but I guess food hygine certificates would be a good thing to put down if you have them.
Best of luck:smile:
Reply 2
Cherry Kisses
Right, for the first question say something like ... 'Working at Waitrose will be the right job for me as I am very customer motivated and enjoy interacting with the general public. I will make positive contributions to the partnership by maintaining a high level of customer service'

Do one thing- make sure that somewhere you mention something about customer service, thats the main thing they want the partnership to represent, 'I believe in great customer service' - they'll love you if you say that. Honestly, ive been there 2 years, its the main subject in branch meetings.

Im not sure about the last question but I guess food hygine certificates would be a good thing to put down if you have them.
Best of luck:smile:

I applied for a London branch about 2 weeks ago and they don't even reply, im guessing they don't contact you if they don't want you?
Mos Def
I applied for a London branch about 2 weeks ago and they don't even reply, im guessing they don't contact you if they don't want you?

Not necessarily, they might have had alot of applicants and are taking thier time to go through all the application forms. It would be a good idea to give them a call and chase it up.
Reply 4
any more ideas of the type of things for

additional comments to support your application?

its a 150 max box so i dont just wanna put one thing

thanks for the help guys
Reply 5
lozw just chat crap, thats what i did and now i have a telephone interview, but its the South kensington branch :angry: i wanted canary wharf, do they just chang eyour application or something? or did i read wrong? i best see some celebs.

Btw anyone had a telephone interview? Anyone know what they might ask etc?

Cheers
Reply 6
Mos Def
lozw just chat crap, thats what i did and now i have a telephone interview, but its the South kensington branch :angry: i wanted canary wharf, do they just chang eyour application or something? or did i read wrong? i best see some celebs.

Btw anyone had a telephone interview? Anyone know what they might ask etc?

Cheers

Same..ive got a telephone interview for Waitrose to.

Any1 kno the type of questions they mite ask???
Reply 7
haashimr
Same..ive got a telephone interview for Waitrose to.

Any1 kno the type of questions they mite ask???

haha which branch? we might work together mate!
Reply 8
Mos Def
haha which branch? we might work together mate!

North Finchley branch....wat bout u??
Reply 9
haashimr
North Finchley branch....wat bout u??

South kensington
Its weird how everyones having telephone interviews - they never did them 2 years ago when I joined
Reply 11
Tis a new thing
Reply 12
yeaah i got a telephone interview at the north finchley one tooooo
anyone had this before?
Reply 13
dalia
yeaah i got a telephone interview at the north finchley one tooooo
anyone had this before?

Did they tell u to call on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday too??
Reply 14
haashimr
Did they tell u to call on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday too??

They told me to call anytime after monday :s-smilie:
Reply 15
You guys call up, let me know what they asked, i'll rep you guys who let me know what they asked.

Cheers
Reply 16
yuppp tues weds or thurssss im worried

Latest

Trending

Trending