The Student Room Group

Where to get ears pierced in Bristol

I got my lobes done a few years ago in Claire's . . . with a gun. I know, I know, but I didn't know about guns and stuff then. Anyway, they healed fine, and I want to get my seconds done soon (I'm also pondering a tragus piercing). Has anyone got any recommendations for good piercing places in Bristol?
Reply 1
i've always had my piercings (6 of them) done with a gun, using small salons in Thornbury and haven't had any problems with them.
don't know of anywhere particular in bristol that doesn't use a gun
Reply 2
Apart from the numerous amounts of piercing studios here. The tattoo studio on Gloucester road opposite the Bishops tavern is where i get all my work done. Bob is lovely over there.
Original post by Hygeia
i've always had my piercings (6 of them) done with a gun, using small salons in Thornbury and haven't had any problems with them.
don't know of anywhere particular in bristol that doesn't use a gun

I want 2 get my ear lobes pierced so did a bit of online search. Has anyone used the 'Blue Banana' store at Horsefriar in Bristol?
Is it relatively safe and what's all the stuff about guns?! what are they?
How much did it take you to get it done?
On their website, the prices range from £10-20 on ear LOBE piercings.
Is there anywhere that you could get cheap but good-quality after-care treatments?

Emma
Reply 4
Original post by eternity recurs
I want 2 get my ear lobes pierced so did a bit of online search. Has anyone used the 'Blue Banana' store at Horsefriar in Bristol?
Is there anywhere that you could get cheap but good-quality after-care treatments?

Emma

Please don't get your ears pierced there, please don't have them done with a gun and please don't try and scrimp on getting a good, clean piercing.

Piercing guns are dirty and unhygienic and the people that use them don;t know what they are doing most of the time. Go to a proper studio and do some research.

Emma

It's a clothes shop that happens to do ear piercings . . . my instinct would be to avoid it. I've since used Pierced Up (well, a couple of years ago now - this thread is four years old!) which is on Park Row, and they were very good.

Emma

I got my tragus done there and I've had minimal problems with it. I'd recommend that place.

The reason the price varies is due to the jewelry they put in with the more expensive ones bringing the cost up to £20.

Negged because I shared my experience of the very shop she would have hers pierced at? Even though it was a "clothes shop where they do piercings" the guy was brilliant; better than when I went to an actual piercing studio.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Troupers in Thornbury are really good. I'd avoid Blue Banana if I were you!
Reply 8
I would go to Blue Banana or Claire's. I have a friend who got a cartilage in Blue Banana and she said it was great. Also, I recently got my lobes done at Claire's. They were great! And just before me a girl got her cartilage done and she was beaming at the end.

I know people say guns are awful and Claire's is the worst place to do it and I'd read loads of awful reviews for Claire's so I was pooping my pants but they were fantastic. The guns are cleaned properly as well as everything else and no shock thing will happen to your ear if you get it done in your lobe or a helix (I'm not sure about anywhere else really) and its fast and not painful at all.

Also, if you read anywhere that they pierce the ear in the wrong place, they draw dots on your ears so you can see.

Claire's was great!

Just commenting on what other people have put...I was going to go to a body piercing place but it really freaked me out (I'm only 14) and I thought it would be better to go to a place I'm comfortable in. I mean, it might be a bit wussy and I'm fine with these people normally, but I'm not comfortable with a pierced up tattooed up guy holding a needle close to my ear while he's thinking I'm a complete coward because I'm wetting myself.

It's just my opinion but normal jewellery shops like Claire's or alternative stores like Blue Banana use perfectly safe and accurate tools and are fine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
I've only ever had cartilage done in blue banana (not in bristol however!). In my experience they've always been professional and use needles not guns even for lobes I believe.

If it's just your second hole honestly getting it done with a gun wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. It's only when you start to pierce the helix/tragus with a gun that you get problems.
Original post by GabbyJ100

The guns are cleaned properly as well as everything else and no shock thing will happen to your ear if you get it done in your lobe or a helix (I'm not sure about anywhere else really) and its fast and not painful at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A helix should never be pierced with a gun. It's cartilage and this can shatter. Not to mention the fact that claire's staff aren't trained body piercers. Forcing a relatively blunt earring post through cartilage is just... Uuugh.
Beautology in Westbury Park, Bristol does both gun and needle piercing and are by far the best place to get any piercings done.
Professional, clinical and does loads of other treatments too. Well worth a look!
Original post by Origami Bullets
It's a clothes shop that happens to do ear piercings . . . my instinct would be to avoid it. I've since used Pierced Up (well, a couple of years ago now - this thread is four years old!) which is on Park Row, and they were very good.

Original post by Trigger
Please don't get your ears pierced there, please don't have them done with a gun and please don't try and scrimp on getting a good, clean piercing.

Piercing guns are dirty and unhygienic and the people that use them don;t know what they are doing most of the time. Go to a proper studio and do some research.

I've had all 7 of my piercings done at the Blue Banana on Horsefair and never had any problems at all. The staff are all very friendly and calming and they've never used a gun.
Original post by bones-mccoy
I've had all 7 of my piercings done at the Blue Banana on Horsefair and never had any problems at all. The staff are all very friendly and calming and they've never used a gun.

This thread is older than the dinosaurs, girl.

Latest