The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
SarahhhD
Virtue Ethics is the Devils work according to my Teacher.

haha my teahcer loved virtue theory, and saved it espesially for his ofstead inspection cos he loved teaching it :P
still don't get it though....:rolleyes:
Reply 41
elwoodc
haha my teahcer loved virtue theory, and saved it espesially for his ofstead inspection cos he loved teaching it :P
still don't get it though....:rolleyes:

My teacher seams to think atleast one section of every 1/2 unit is rubbish.
lol our teacher didnt even teach us meta ethics or judeochristian God. taught myself tho. 4 DAYS TO GO PEOPLE!!! Im going over all topics from all subjects quickly now, then will do the same in a lil more depth tomoz, then the same on sunday. Then history on monday, p+e on tuesday and drama on wednesday. Thursday = PARTY
Reply 43
T-o dore
lol our teacher didnt even teach us meta ethics or judeochristian God. taught myself tho. 4 DAYS TO GO PEOPLE!!! Im going over all topics from all subjects quickly now, then will do the same in a lil more depth tomoz, then the same on sunday. Then history on monday, p+e on tuesday and drama on wednesday. Thursday = PARTY

hahaha thats pretty much my plan too except my parties start on wednesday! :biggrin: :tongue: hehe
Do the OCR exam bord read the essay and give you a mark out of 33 , someone told me that they dont point mark , how does that work out ?
Situation ethics is harder then it looks.
In a nutshell-
There are four presumptions:
Pragmatism - The action should work
Relativism - Reject absolutes
Positivism - Love is the most important
Personalism - People should be put first

Then there are six key principles-
1) Agape love is the only absolute good
2)Agape love taught by jesus
3)Follow from love
4) Love has no faviortes
5)Love is the final end not the means to an end
6) The most loving thing todo depends on the situation
Jack Sparrow
Situation ethics is harder then it looks.
In a nutshell-
There are four presumptions:
Pragmatism - The action should work
Relativism - Reject absolutes
Positivism - Love is the most important
Personalism - People should be put first

Then there are six key principles-
1) Agape love is the only absolute good
2)Agape love taught by jesus
3)Follow from love
4) Love has no faviortes
5)Love is the final end not the means to an end
6) The most loving thing todo depends on the situation

But all you need todo is take 2 presumptions and 2 principles then talk and compare relativism to absoltism and I am sure with that you can get A and stick fletecher in there too...sorted.
Reply 47
bugger
I cant find any quotes =|
user_01332
But all you need todo is take 2 presumptions and 2 principles then talk and compare relativism to absoltism and I am sure with that you can get A and stick fletecher in there too...sorted.

Thats true , i was about to learn all of them
Reply 49
Jack Sparrow
Do the OCR exam bord read the essay and give you a mark out of 33 , someone told me that they dont point mark , how does that work out ?

they judge how good the essay is, genrally.
SarahhhD
bugger
I cant find any quotes =|

what/whos quotes are you looking for
Reply 51
Jack Sparrow
what/whos quotes are you looking for

Arguments for gods Existance =|
bar ontological, The definition of god Quoye (god is that which..." is good enough.
God is that than which nothing greater can be concieved - Anselm, Proslogion :smile:
T-o dore
God is that than which nothing greater can be concieved - Anselm, Proslogion :smile:

Proslogion 2
Reply 54
Jack Sparrow
Proslogion 2

and in proslogian 3 he argued that god is a special case.:smile:
I hate, hate, hate the way they mark the phil/ethic exams. Maybe it's the scientist in me, but just getting a general impression on the state of the essay doesn't cut it for me.
Reply 56
I have fallen into the lazy ditch... one that i'm crawling out of today :P...
Erm got my revision book packed with quotes... Got every essay question for the last 5-6 years from my teachers, not coming in on Monday. Work my arse of for two full days, just need to memorise bits and practice writing fast 100-200 word answers which are relevant.
u have two days lol gd luck.
Guys. In your essays how much do you usually write?
i have barely revised for any of the modules on tuesday, i have no idea what the hell i am going to do in the exam :s-smilie:

Latest