The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I am sitting Module 1, 2 and 3 (first time).
I'm sitting all 3 for the first time on Weds...I'm kinda worried, but I think it'll be alright tbh. And I've got all 3 bio tomorrow...argh. Revision's gone alright :smile:.
Reply 3
have a mod 3 resit on wed, i am just starting to revise now.....argh...hopefully it will be ok
Reply 4
Not too bad, taken module 1 twice and taking 2 and 3 for the second time on wednesday... I'm alright... this is my second time over the year lol xx
Reply 5
terrified! ive been revising for ages and i still am only getting Bs.. ahh
Reply 6
I'm absolutely terrified. I've done effectively zero revision and I got a U in a mod 3 mock in class :frown: I have no understanding with half equations, I'd be seriously happy with a pass. I got a B in mod1 and a C in coursework so I just need to pass which is easier said than done :s ...
good luck everyone!
argh taking 2 and 3 for first time, got D on the past papers i have done for organic thou... been trying to learn it all but just doesnt sink in... and as a result have odne hardly any biology (exam tues) or maths (S1 on friday) revision
Reply 9
All 3 in one sitting and day after biology...way to fail AQA...way to fail!
Module 1 and 2 - third time's a charm.

Just trying to remember all those crazy equations for module 2
Reply 11
hehehe shall we quickly do a little recap now?

Ill start shall i? Ill post up a question, person answers, they post question, someone else answers and then post a question and the process repeats :smile:

Define oxidation in terms of electrons (easy i know but heck its a starting point).
Oxidation is the loss of electrons!

Define enthalpy of combustion. (Another easy one :P)

No looking at notes!
Resitting Mod 1, but haven't started revising yet...
Hopefully revision for synoptic will have paid off =/ eep.
Reply 14
Irrelevance
Oxidation is the loss of electrons!

Define enthalpy of combustion. (Another easy one :P)

No looking at notes!

Enthalpy change when one of a mole compound burns completely in oxygen under standard conditions and both reactants and products in their standard states

Define Hess's Law
Reply 15
motiv3
Enthalpy change when one of a mole compound burns completely in oxygen under standard conditions and both reactants and products in their standard states

Define Hess's Law

The enthalpy change of a reaction is independent of the rout taken.

Quite a tricky one:
NaX is mixed with conc sulfuric acid and a purple fumes are produced what is observed when AgNO3(aq) is mixed with KX (aq)?
motiv3
All 3 in one sitting and day after biology...way to fail AQA...way to fail!

Woohooo!! Same here 3 bio on tuesday (TOMORROW) and 3 chem day after triple :eek::eek:
Reply 17
I got module 2 and 3 exams for the first time on Wednesday. Hopefully il be ok but i seriously do not get ionic equations lol. Hope that doesnt come up or im screwed lol
Reply 18
Dadeyemi
The enthalpy change of a reaction is independent of the rout taken.

Quite a tricky one:
NaX is mixed with conc sulfuric acid and a purple fumes are produced what is observed when AgNO3(aq) is mixed with KX (aq)?

Formation of a yellow precipitaite as purple fumes indicate presence of iodine thus NaX = sodium iodide thus when silver nitrate reacts with potassium iodide formation of a yellow precip
Hey, re-sitting chem 1 and 2 so I put some pressure off module 5 and 6 papers. I'm feeling pretty happy about it at the mo.
And to those finding it difficult to remember organic stuff for mod 3, just keep re-writing them over and over again, that's what makes it stick in my head anyway. :smile:

Latest