The Student Room Group

McDonalds Interview

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
NickyP
How did your interview? And they'll probably want you to start as soon as possible. I had my first proper shift a few days after my orientation :smile:

I got it. The interview was ok just told me about the job and asked a few basic questions. I have my welcome meeting tomorrow but in the town center of manchester not at the store i applied to :confused:

I presume i should wear black pants again?
Reply 41
matt bass
Fully flex means you are able to work any day any shift they schedule you. So you if are only able to work monday, thursday and saturday evenings for example, tell them and that should be what you are scheduled.

Matt

Thanks for that by the way :smile: & Nicky P aswell! Was just thinking of applying but then thought oh no what if it means I'm not supposed to go to uni aswell haha.
Reply 42
I work at McDonalds and they're pretty good employers, i only work on saturdays and have had the last month off for exams :smile: But for flexibility the longer you've worked their the better they become, at first i was working ridiculous hours but weedled down now. yay
i always get surprised at how good mcdonalds is supposed to be as a company to work for. i know they got realy offended when that mcJob word got added to teh dictionary and they do seem to do quite a lot, don't you get lots of cheap electricals through them as well? i spoke to a guy who had been a manager with them for 30 years and he was going on and on about how great it was.
Reply 44
blondie_
I got it. The interview was ok just told me about the job and asked a few basic questions. I have my welcome meeting tomorrow but in the town center of manchester not at the store i applied to :confused:

I presume i should wear black pants again?

Have you still not got your uniform? If not then yeah, I'd just wear your black pants :smile:

And it's a bit weird that you have to go to another store for your welcome meeting. That store is probably in your store's group though, as stores are sorted into groups of about 7 or 8 :smile:
Reply 45
andy_cole2
i always get surprised at how good mcdonalds is supposed to be as a company to work for. i know they got realy offended when that mcJob word got added to teh dictionary and they do seem to do quite a lot, don't you get lots of cheap electricals through them as well? i spoke to a guy who had been a manager with them for 30 years and he was going on and on about how great it was.

Yeah it is quite a good company to work for for a lot of people, and I do think they actually care to an extent about us.

And we get discount in loads of places, I got discount on the MacBook I'm using right now because I work at McDonald's :smile:
Reply 46
When i did my orientation it was in a central store because they take in new employee's from other stores as well and do it as a job lot, thats what it'll be for you 'blondie' lol I just like the food discount and free student cheeseburger :smile:
Reply 47
NickyP
Have you still not got your uniform? If not then yeah, I'd just wear your black pants :smile:

And it's a bit weird that you have to go to another store for your welcome meeting. That store is probably in your store's group though, as stores are sorted into groups of about 7 or 8 :smile:

No uniform yet lol i suppose that will be sorted at this welcome meeting tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.:biggrin:
Reply 48
Im such an idiot i went to the wrong arndale store so now got to wait for them to get back to me..........duh
Reply 49
They got back to me just got to wait for my uniform.
Reply 50
blondie_
Im such an idiot i went to the wrong arndale store so now got to wait for them to get back to me..........duh

Oh no! Are they just going to send you to another welcome meeting then?
Reply 51
NickyP
Oh no! Are they just going to send you to another welcome meeting then?

Its sorted now met her at the store at a later time and went through necessary forms just waiting for my uniform and on monday will be given my shifts :smile:
What documents do you have to take to the interview?
Reply 53
I didnt take anything was all sorted online.
Sorry to bump but did anyone have a second orientation? I do... not why though.
Original post by Jessikar
Sorry to bump but did anyone have a second orientation? I do... not why though.

Well what happened to me was that i had the interview/OJE and was fine, then i went to the welcome meeting on tuesday, and she said we were having 2 training days at the place where i had the welcome meeting (not where I'll be working) and I'll be doing 5 hours each day, just hope I'm going to get paid for it ! I'm assuming I will because I got paid for going to the welcome meeting and doing the health and safety thing on ourlounge.

One thing I'm not sure on is weather to wear my uniform to the training, as I don't want to be the only one there wearing it and I would email the welcome meeting woman, in fact I already have, but never had a response and tbh I think she was more bothered about going on holiday.

But idk if this is a second orientation or not tbh :s-smilie:
Reply 56
guys did any one ever had an interview for business manager??
Reply 57
Original post by arnab
guys did any one ever had an interview for business manager??

I got to the oje stage for this position today.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 58
Hello frnds,I am from Ireland. I have selected to the second stage of Mcdonalds On Job Evaluvation on this coming Friday. I have applied for crew member, so what they will ask me to do. The mail i got from mcdonalds saying time around 30minutes. Please awaiting for ur valuable replys. Thanking u in Advance.
Hi everyone..I wanted to ask, from what I've read the OJE is doing some job tasks of the role and then you will be assessed and interviewed? I'm on the OJE for a trainee manager role. They said it'll last 10am-4pm...does anyone know what they ask and the scenarios? I've researched McDonalds as a company but just wondered if anyone had done a OJE and could tell me a bit more?? Any help appreciated

Quick Reply