The Student Room Group

UMS Calculator - Work Out What Grades You Need!

I got this from somebody last year on TSR I think, but people keep asking for it so I thought it would be helpful to post it!

Basically you just put ur unit marks in and it tells you what AS grade and A2 grade you are on, and how many you need to get each A2 grade, really useful and usually reassuring as people realise they aren't under as much pressure as they thought they were.

It wouldn't let me upload the new Excel format, but I've got the old one on there, and that will work on anyone's computer with Micrsoft Office, any version, and if you want to save space just resave it as the new version and it's about half as much file space.

Scroll to see replies

Ah thanks!

I'm being a div though, I've put in my AS grades but where should I be looking to see what UMS I need to get an A overall?
Reply 2
Thanks, this will be very helpful.
Reply 3
This scares me
Just me that has a spreadsheet of all there results and grades already worked out ?
Reply 5
ChrisLincoln
Just me that has a spreadsheet of all there results and grades already worked out ?

Nope - I do too. =]] Except for chemistry because I'm doing two retakes anyway, so it's a bit pointless.
Reply 6
That was so easy to make! I made one for myself last year when I was doing A-levels!
SophieSomething
Nope - I do too. =]] Except for chemistry because I'm doing two retakes anyway, so it's a bit pointless.

Phew not alone! Yeah, i'm trying to think of a clever way to incorporate my resits into the spreadsheet neatly :p:
Reply 8
ChrisLincoln

Well it's my copy and I couldn't be bothered to delete everything incase I forgot the grades to put back in lol...but just delete them and change the tap names (like law, maths etc). Shouldn't make any diff to you tbh.

lily_blue3
Ah thanks!

I'm being a div though, I've put in my AS grades but where should I be looking to see what UMS I need to get an A overall?

One the right-hand side where it says A, B, C, D, E vertically with a number next to each one.

ChrisLincoln
Phew not alone! Yeah, i'm trying to think of a clever way to incorporate my resits into the spreadsheet neatly :p:

Lol I have just played around with them a bit, like trying best and worst case scenarios that I think I've got in them (as I've sat both resits now).
Reply 9
Wow really helpful, thanks!! Made me fell alot better about my exams that r coming up now, +Rep for you :biggrin:
so right..im confused lol

what if your UMS marks are weighted differently??
anna_spanner89

You know at the top where it says /120 /90 /90 etc? You can change that, just type the write number over it and the tables will change.
Reply 12
anna_spanner89

Change the weighting where it says 90/90/120 or 100/100/100 and the percentages and boundaries will change themselves. Note that I have already got different module marks on there, for example maths is all out of 100, whilst law is marked 90,90,120,90,90,120.

Let me know if you can't do it.
cheers

btw does anyone know the UMS for PYA6, the courswork component??

e.g the raw marks into UMS
Reply 14
anna_spanner89
cheers

btw does anyone know the UMS for PYA6, the courswork component??

e.g the raw marks into UMS

Well on page 8 of this grade boundary report from Jan 08, it has an A capped at 52/60, and goes down in raw mark scores of 4, until an E at 36/60. So therefore:
52/60=80
48/60=70
44/60=60
40/60=50
36/60=40
Reply 15
wow mate thats really good spreadhsheet. cheers.
Help guys I don't know how to use it!
Thanks for the spreadsheet..it scared me a tad..lol but has motivated me to work harder, you will get rep later :smile:
Can someone help me use it?

Or someone do it for me :shy:

I got for unit 1 80/100 Unit 2 77/100 and Unit 3 I got 90/100 and unit 6 is coursework and got 52/60- That is is for one subject

The other subject is

Unit 1 72/80 Unit 2 86/120

Could someone please work out what marks I need to get an A for both subjects. Who ever tells me, will get a rep. Thanks in advance:smile:
Reply 19
Zak
Can someone help me use it?

Or someone do it for me :shy:

I got for unit 1 80/100 Unit 2 77/100 and Unit 3 I got 90/100 and unit 6 is coursework and got 52/60- That is is for one subject

The other subject is

Unit 1 72/80 Unit 2 86/120

Could someone please work out what marks I need to get an A for both subjects. Who ever tells me, will get a rep. Thanks in advance:smile:

Have you opened the file? If so I'll tell you where to put the bits and bobs.

Quick Reply

Latest