The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
fizzydizzy
umm i cant remembaa was it 2?

are you talking about the one we had to look at the graph? of some business called fruitella? and how the more marketing they did the higher sales were going. . i concluded with that saying just to use it as guidelines as the product itself plays a big role.

or i think that was diffrent question o.O completly blank now
u no its so funni, i didnt no we had 2 look at the graph, man i am so dum! great jus great

i really cant remeber all i remember is marketign budget lol

wat bout the sales forecasting 1?
Woah, sounds like everyone found it really hard! I didn't think it was THAT bad :s-smilie: Although as usual, time was a major issue and by the sounds of it im guessing the grade boundaries will be pretty much as low as last year, which is good :smile:
i dunno i felt it werent hard, but maybe da stuf i wrote was :s-smilie:
Hmm, i've always found Business to be a bit of a strange subject, tbh only took it halfway through last year thinking it would be a doss lol don't quite have that same thinking anymore. I wouldn't worry too much, as long as you got the relevant stuff down I'm sure you did fine :smile:
lol i dont fink i did, cos da case study was so like commentary like it say Bill said dis or Joe said dat
soz
Reply 127
fizzydizzy
u no its so funni, i didnt no we had 2 look at the graph, man i am so dum! great jus great

i really cant remeber all i remember is marketign budget lol

wat bout the sales forecasting 1?

aww, i'm not 100% sure if thats the question but as i remember there was a lil graph about marketing first page about another business who's sales rised by x3 when going from concentrate to the rl stuff
Reply 128
FireDeuce
You'd get all of the marks for the NPV, they use the own figure rule so you aren't penalised twice.

Thanks for that! I don't suppose you know if we were supposed to increase the revenue by 3% each year like some people are saying on the forum??? Cause I didn't even notice that, I assumed that the net cash flow would be the same over the five years!!! Having to add the 3% on each year though does seem a little complicated for only 4 marks though! Would do you think???
JLou01
Thanks for that! I don't suppose you know if we were supposed to increase the revenue by 3% each year like some people are saying on the forum??? Cause I didn't even notice that, I assumed that the net cash flow would be the same over the five years!!! Having to add the 3% on each year though does seem a little complicated for only 4 marks though! Would do you think???

I had major angst over that, then decided that no we werent because A) the question said "using your answer from part A" and B) it was only worth 4 marks
Reply 130
FireDeuce
I had major angst over that, then decided that no we werent because A) the question said "using your answer from part A" and B) it was only worth 4 marks

Very good point. It just seems odd - why even mention that revenue will increase (specifically by 3%) if they didn't want us to use it in some way??? I do agree with you though, not just with the logic but also because I'm pretty biased! lol
JLou01
Very good point. It just seems odd - why even mention that revenue will increase (specifically by 3%) if they didn't want us to use it in some way??? I do agree with you though, not just with the logic but also because I'm pretty biased! lol

In deciding whether or not to pick option A or B, I used it to say that they could not cope with B if they were to grow at 12% a year, especially if they wanted to finance the project by selling off spare land.
Reply 132
FireDeuce

True, maybe they'll accept both figures for those who increased it by 3% and those who left it the same like me =)

most people i know went for the 200k a year
Ah, this paper has really put me off revising for Unit 6 :frown: It's rubbish.
3ak16

True, maybe they'll accept both figures for those who increased it by 3% and those who left it the same like me =)

most people i know went for the 200k a year

It was ambiguous tbh, so I think they may well accept two answers.
if u didn't do it properly then u loss marks simple as .. and I think you were suppose to increase the net cash flow by 2% or was it 3% ..It can't be the same for each five years, but don't panick u will stil get sum marks for showing how to workout the NPV...
Reply 136
netuser07
if u didn't do it properly then u loss marks simple as .. and I think you were suppose to increase the net cash flow by 2% or was it 3% ..It can't be the same for each five years, but don't panick u will stil get sum marks for showing how to workout the NPV...

was this lil 3% hidden in size 1 font or something. . because me along with soo many people did not see it.

the most we gona loose is a mark hopefully, or if aqa has any love they'll take both answers as correct
:smile:
3ak16

was this lil 3% hidden in size 1 font or something. . because me along with soo many people did not see it.

the most we gona loose is a mark hopefully, or if aqa has any love they'll take both answers as correct
:smile:

it was at the bottom of the table mate .. it said something like dis the sales annual is likely to increase by 2% or 3% not sure!! u never clocked dat , i wish i never clocked it aswell, when i saw that I stopped the calculation i was running out of time, there was only 4 minutes left, I saw the last question which worths 12 marks , left the NPV not completed....!!
We got unit 6 to make up our grades for those who are dissapointed with the unit 4 exam... we can still make it.

I got a C overall in As and am hopping to get a C overall in A2..
netuser07
if u didn't do it properly then u loss marks simple as

However. Not always. In accounting it has been known to have EITHER/OR mark schemes. For example, the answer will be X, but if they have given answer Y it is also accepted and full marks can be awarded.

Latest