The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2020
The Black Chuck Norris
I think batista is okay but no way would I put him even close to the great one :rolleyes:

you can go on about his feud with HHH and Taker being great or whatever, but The Rock/Austin/HHH/Taker feuds were fresher and more entertaining, less predictable. Yes it's because of it being the attitude era and it's hard to compare to that moment in WWE...but really, it should stay that way, put Attitude wrestlers in one section away from this new school WWE rubbish.

Rock is my all time fav, then Kurt Angle and Austin.

If we were talking realistically and had Batista in WWF at the time of The Rock/Austin etc, he wouldnt of stood a chance, back then it was all about swagger/mic control/personality, special moves...goddamn the special moves!! STUNNER, ZOMG ROCK BOTTOM...

We never see that these days..."zomg a poorly executed sit down power bomb" :rolleyes:

that's all I can do towards Tista and wrestlers of today, roll my eyes.
If I was to say in this era, my favourite is probably Umanga..

the rock is awesome. i got to meet him back in march. i got a photo with him and he signed a photo for me. he's a really nice guy. ive met pretty much the whole wwe roster. triple h and shawn michaels are the biggest arsewholes outside the ring. jeff hardy/matt hardy/beth phoenix are the nicest wrestlers ive met. brian kendrick even bought me and my dad lunch back in april. he's a really nice guy. CM Punk is really cool as well. he signed a magazine for me. he didnt mind, even though i asked him while he was having breakfast.
hmm, not posted in here for a while..

I'd rate my all time top ten as.....

1)Bret Hart
2)HBK
3)Kurt Angle
4)Undertaker
5)Owen Hart
6)Chris Benoit (yeah, yeah, lets not bring out the family killer remarks)
7)Chris jericho
8)Taz
9)The Rock
10)....can't really think of who I would have here...maybe HHH
lol taz before rock
paranoid_android
hmm, not posted in here for a while..

I'd rate my all time top ten as.....

1)Bret Hart
2)HBK
3)Kurt Angle
4)Undertaker
5)Owen Hart
6)Chris Benoit (yeah, yeah, lets not bring out the family killer remarks)
7)Chris jericho
8)Taz
9)The Rock
10)....can't really think of who I would have here...maybe HHH

Don't even dare posting on this thread again :biggrin: :biggrin: Tazz >the rock ... oh dear me
CM Punk
the rock is awesome. i got to meet him back in march. i got a photo with him and he signed a photo for me. he's a really nice guy. ive met pretty much the whole wwe roster. triple h and shawn michaels are the biggest arsewholes outside the ring. jeff hardy/matt hardy/beth phoenix are the nicest wrestlers ive met. brian kendrick even bought me and my dad lunch back in april. he's a really nice guy. CM Punk is really cool as well. he signed a magazine for me. he didnt mind, even though i asked him while he was having breakfast.

How do you get to meet everyone? do you have a backstage pass or do you have contacts ? :hmmm:
Number 7 - Masked kane - He was terrifying and the mask made him look like a monster... the one now is crap :frown:
minimo156
Don't even dare posting on this thread again :biggrin: :biggrin: Tazz >the rock ... oh dear me

In terms of in ring ability, Taz is far superior to the Rock, absolutely no question, on a whole...Rock is the better entertainer, as his mic skills and character were undeniably better. But on wrestling ability alone, Taz trumps him hands down.
Nmber 10 - Ken shamrock
Number 9 - Crash Holly (RIP)
Number 8 - Dudley boyz
Number 7 - Masked Kane
Number 6 - taker
Number 5 - Bret Hart
Number 4 - Angle
Number 3 - Austin
Number 2 - Bill goldberg - his entrance was the best
Number 1 - you know this .... Mean street posse of course :wink: :biggrin:

The great one rules .... and oh bring back the hardy boyz
The Black Chuck Norris
I think batista is okay but no way would I put him even close to the great one :rolleyes:

you can go on about his feud with HHH and Taker being great or whatever, but The Rock/Austin/HHH/Taker feuds were fresher and more entertaining, less predictable. Yes it's because of it being the attitude era and it's hard to compare to that moment in WWE...but really, it should stay that way, put Attitude wrestlers in one section away from this new school WWE rubbish.

Rock is my all time fav, then Kurt Angle and Austin.

If we were talking realistically and had Batista in WWF at the time of The Rock/Austin etc, he wouldnt of stood a chance, back then it was all about swagger/mic control/personality, special moves...goddamn the special moves!! STUNNER, ZOMG ROCK BOTTOM...

We never see that these days..."zomg a poorly executed sit down power bomb" :rolleyes:

that's all I can do towards Tista and wrestlers of today, roll my eyes.
If I was to say in this era, my favourite is probably Umanga..

I posted my personal favs, I know Batista can't compare to Angle/Rock/Austin/HHH in his prime/Taker/Foley but I like him and feel he's improved. I've posted before about him, ppl here know my feelings.

It's interesting to see people's lists, putting Tazz before The Rock, lol, but if that's your preference, that's your preference. It would be pretty boring if everyone had the same list, though obviously certain names are bound to appear.

Of course the Attitude era was great, and there's a helluva lot wrong with the product now but you have to find some positives, else it's depressing to watch. Hence, while I know Batista's not Rocky, and Cena's horrible and ECW's laughable, I still enjoy Batista's entrance, matches and I smiled (hard to admit) when Cena came out at the Rumble.
minimo156
Number 7 - Masked kane - He was terrifying and the mask made him look like a monster... the one now is crap :frown:

Heh, I love him with and without mask. There not the same obviously, the mask did rock, and was scary but I Love unmasked kane as well, especially his two different colour eyes. Hot. :smile:
10. Kane
9. Nunzio
8. Christian
7. Randy Orton
6. Paul Burchill
5. Edge
4. Charlie Haas
3. William Regal
2. Great Khali
1. Chris Jericho

I've never been a fan of The Rock's, the Austin's or the HHH's.. I'm more of a midcard guy.
Reply 2031
minimo156
How do you get to meet everyone? do you have a backstage pass or do you have contacts ? :hmmm:

i know the hotels the wwe stay at while in the UK.
CM Punk
i know the hotels the wwe stay at while in the UK.

Are you going to any of the shows when they come over in Nov? I'm going to the Smackdown show in London, should be a goodun hopefully.

Apparently Cena and Carlito are definitely moving to RAW as part of the draft next week, so if thats true it should provide some amusement.
Reply 2033
paranoid_android
Are you going to any of the shows when they come over in Nov? I'm going to the Smackdown show in London, should be a goodun hopefully.

Apparently Cena and Carlito are definitely moving to RAW as part of the draft next week, so if thats true it should provide some amusement.

yeah. im going to the one in sheffield. im also going to get tickets for the tna show at wembley arena.
Smackdown, you mean. It's desperately needed. Cena takes up too much time on Raw, and there's really nothing left for him. Cena moving to Smackdown is a great move.

And Carlito, that's necessary too. With his comments towards HHH, there's no way he'd get anything done there. Now with Carlito/Santino completely apart, this move to Smackdown is all but done. Also, he debuted on Smackdown against Cena. He was most over as a heel back then.
Oh yeah, apologies, meant Smackdown.
I wouldn't hold my breath on Cena moving to Smackdown. Sure it's needed and the right move (though of course it would just restart Edge/Cena, more of the same) but I'm not sure they'll move the franchise player.

Carlito's solution is easy: quit, you're not going to be pushed on Smackdown. Just like many people who've been introduced by cool video clips, the trouble starts when they actual debut, see Cryme Tyme and the Boogeyman currently injured/MIA/nobody could care less.

Funny, the most uncool video clip intro ever was for a guy called Kurt. Bizarre.
deipnosophy
I posted my personal favs, I know Batista can't compare to Angle/Rock/Austin/HHH in his prime/Taker/Foley but I like him and feel he's improved. I've posted before about him, ppl here know my feelings.

It's interesting to see people's lists, putting Tazz before The Rock, lol, but if that's your preference, that's your preference. It would be pretty boring if everyone had the same list, though obviously certain names are bound to appear.

Of course the Attitude era was great, and there's a helluva lot wrong with the product now but you have to find some positives, else it's depressing to watch. Hence, while I know Batista's not Rocky, and Cena's horrible and ECW's laughable, I still enjoy Batista's entrance, matches and I smiled (hard to admit) when Cena came out at the Rumble.

Yeh it is depressing to watch, I think one of the biggest things that is lacking is Fun. Nothing funny or cool goes down anymore, its too serious hence too boring (its supposed to be entertainment). I think they should have anywhere falls matches as well bringing back the hardcore title (especially 24/7 mode)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axo_nk8B-KU&feature=related

This just sums up whats missing from wwe right now. RIP WWF
While I would welcome the Hardcore Title returning 24/7, that wouldn't be new or innovative or fresh, it'd be just rehashing the past, however funny or entertaining it was. Plus, recall that the 24/7 thing doesn't really work for house shows.

I agree to an extent that's it's too serious, though there are clearly moments meant to be funny (Mae Young frenching Haas, Charlie Haas in general, Santino, 'Let's hear it for Vince McMahon') but whether they come off funny is another matter. Certainly the dizzy heights of Rock n Sock Connection, Angle/Stephanie/HHH love triangle, Olympic Athletes for Abstinence, 'I chopee chopee your peepee', Mark 'Sexual Chocolate' Henry, Vince McMahon loves cock, 'I'll take it from here nurse', mini-Booker T, Kurt Angle rapping, Melina giving Batista his best ever 'warm-up' and Little Bastard throwing JBL a can of Guinness seem to be long gone.
Ah, leave the memories alone. So to speak.
For me the the best comedy moments are the DX Parodies... How can you top that?? The Vince & Shane one has me in stiches everytime.

Latest