The Student Room Group

Why do you dislike/hate wales/the welsh?

Poll

Which applies to you?

so whats the deal. i know the welsh generally HATE the English but i didnt realise the English realised this or that they disliked the English in general also, as seems to be the case from another recent thread. so whats the deal, what is it you dislike? do you just hate them coz they hate you? im not welsh btw just been stranded here the last 4 years.

Scroll to see replies

I'm English and I love the Welsh! :confused:
Reply 2
I don't hate them? :confused:

Aha i'm liking the advert for Wales that's been on recently actually:
"You're not having out mud. It's good mud." :biggrin:

uth =]
I like Wales. What a curious question.
Reply 4
I don't
I like the pot noodle advert where the bloke goes "fuel of Britain, isn't it?" :laugh:
Reply 6
I'm Scottish and I'm fairly indifferent to Wales. By contrast, I slightly prefer some parts of Ireland and I very much like England.

Wales, I'm afraid, just doesn't seem particularly appealing or to hold anything of very much interest for me. Cardiff sounds like a rather unimpressive city in the main, and the rest seems to be either urban wasteland or rather mediocre countryside.

i know the welsh generally HATE the English

I think that's a load of crap, and if it was in fact true then they would need their heads examined...
I've never got the impression when actually meeting English people that they "hate" the welsh maybe some mild exchange of teasing might go on...but that's about as far as it goes. Anyone who actually "hates" Wales is probably either a chav or suffers from a serious personality flaw.
Reply 8
They're Welsh. If that's not enough, I don't know what is.

Spoiler

L i b
Cardiff sounds like a rather unimpressive city in the main, and the rest seems to be either urban wasteland or rather mediocre countryside.

Have to take you up on that, Wales has some absolutely beautiful country. Unspoilt too.
Charlotte Church.
I like the Welsh
Nice people

I hate the actual country/land.
Reply 12
I love the Welsh, esp the accent!
Not a fan of the country itself though.
Reply 13
Silly thread.

I'm English and indifferent towards the Welsh (as I am to all other peoples).
L i b
I'm Scottish and I'm fairly indifferent to Wales. By contrast, I slightly prefer some parts of Ireland and I very much like England.

Wales, I'm afraid, just doesn't seem particularly appealing or to hold anything of very much interest for me. Cardiff sounds like a rather unimpressive city in the main, and the rest seems to be either urban wasteland or rather mediocre countryside.

I think that's a load of crap, and if it was in fact true then they would need their heads examined...

oh no thats most certainly true. AT LEAST 50% of the welsh people i know HATE England/ the english in general. not in a way that would affect a personal relationship but they are ridiculous.
Reply 15
Why would i hate the Welsh :confused:

And what's everyone got against the country itself. Not quite as ruined as England.
I love the Welsh. They're probably the best nationality in the British Isles. Never visited the place, but the people I've met who are Welsh supply the best banter around. :yy:
Never heard of Wales.
This thread is just asking for trouble.

As far as I'm concerned the furthest most of us (I'm Welsh) go to hating the English is a bit of heavy competition between the most patriotic of both countries in sport. None of the English people I've ever met have a bad word to say about the Welsh. And contrary to popular belief, there is a little more going on here than sheep farming and dirt!!!
I don't mind the Welsh. I've been to Wales and it was quite nice. Didn't go to Cardiff or any cities, but the country was nice. Lots of sheep. haha (somebody had to mention Sheep)

But honestly, nothing wrong with the Welsh :smile: Their accents' are quite cool too.

Latest