The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
adam_1234
I've resorted to applying to another store near me, in addition to my existing application. This other store pays less though so I hope the first one contact me sooner. :biggrin: Also applied to a few other places because Maccy D's are making me wait for ages.

I presume the lower paying store is a franchised one? Company stores for the win!
Reply 61
Hi guys, thinking of applying to Mcdonalds as there is a vacancy in my local. Can anyone tell me what the difference between a crew member, and a customer care assistant is, and if there is a difference between the two? Thanks! x
Reply 62
LDLibra
Hi guys, thinking of applying to Mcdonalds as there is a vacancy in my local. Can anyone tell me what the difference between a crew member, and a customer care assistant is, and if there is a difference between the two? Thanks! x

A crew member is the person who serves on tills, works the drive through and makes the food in kitchen. A customer care assistant is the person who clears the tables and (is supposed to) greet customers. I'd say that you'd probably enjoy being a crew member more, but the lobby people have a snazzier uniform and get paid a bit more. They have to clean the toilets as well though and don't generally get promoted any further. :wink:
Reply 63
NickyP
A crew member is the person who serves on tills, works the drive through and makes the food in kitchen. A customer care assistant is the person who clears the tables and (is supposed to) greet customers. I'd say that you'd probably enjoy being a crew member more, but the lobby people have a snazzier uniform and get paid a bit more. They have to clean the toilets as well though and don't generally get promoted any further. :wink:

Thanks very much! :biggrin: Will go for crew member then. Positive rep on its way!!
Reply 64
Got another question: :p:

How flexible are McDonalds? What I mean is, I'm returning to University in Canterbury in September, and was wondering if I would get a place in a store in London before then and be able to transfer, or does it depend on the manager? Thanks again! :biggrin:
Reply 65
Yes, it is possible. As in the handbook, you can telephone the transfers hotline and in the welcome meeting it is possible for people returning to university and moving abroad etc to transfer providing it is OK with the manager(s) concerned.
Reply 66
Thanks for the help! x
got my first shifts!:smile: start next week! lol im doing 8 hours on sat & 6 hours on sunday!
Reply 68
LittleMissTwinkle
got my first shifts!:smile: start next week! lol im doing 8 hours on sat & 6 hours on sunday!

Good Luck!! Let us know how your first day goes! :biggrin:
haha will do! any ideas what ill have to do?
Reply 70
Sorry, can't help, have only just applied myself!
LittleMissTwinkle
haha will do! any ideas what ill have to do?

it could be anything, I was working on the grill in the kitchen for my first shift but they might put you on the front counter or on the drive thru. You will have a trainer with you at all times to show you what to do.
Reply 72
LittleMissTwinkle

Ouch, major kill on any opportunity of a social life at the weekend, lol. Suppose we all need to earn money! I am waiting for my first shifts, until September I work during the week and Sunday.. I was cheeky and said "you don't mind allowing my contracted hours on Saturday to stop at 2pm?" and it was fine. Woo so footballs still on the menu for me, haha.
I was wondering if there was any extra pay for Sundays? Or is this a misplaced hope...
Reply 74
Lord Marmaduke
I was wondering if there was any extra pay for Sundays? Or is this a misplaced hope...

Ah, a misplaced hope I'm afraid. You get paid time and a half on bank holidays though. :smile:
LittleMissTwinkle
Hi, well i've been called in for a McDonalds Orientation tommorrow, i was just wondering what to expect? how long will it last roughly? & what do i need to take with me..?

i wondering how much i will get paid roughly at 15 years old? :smile:

also please share your experiences at McDonalds!:smile:!

:tsr2:

you'd get about £4.25 an hour at least that's what it says on the site...
rt
Ouch, major kill on any opportunity of a social life at the weekend, lol.

depends when the hours are. I use to finish work at KFC at midnight and get changed in work and then head straight out.
Reply 77
libertine861
depends when the hours are. I use to finish work at KFC at midnight and get changed in work and then head straight out.

I've done this many times myself, albeit from McDonald's and not KFC. :smile:
any idea how long i won't get paid for? (lunches & breaks?) if im working 8 hours on saturdays and 6 hours on sundays?:smile:
For loss shifts you will get one break, should be about half way through your shift for each, you will get 45mins for each day. You don't get paid for them though. It's something like this if I remember correctly:
0-3 hours 15mins Paid
3-5 hours 30ins unpaid
6-8 hours 45mins unpaid
8+ hours 45mins and then a 15mins break unpaid.

You are more likely to get a break when it is not a GAP time, also if it is busy they may ask you to have half an hour and then 15 minutes later in the day.

Make sure though that you do get a break. I remember once when I was in 10 til 5 and didn't get a break all day.

Latest

Trending

Trending