The Student Room Group
I think it's about £10 but I can't remember
Reply 2
mine cost £9.50
Yea £9 - £10. I had the normal one's out on which was £7 i think and then i went for the steel one which last longer and that was £9 I think - cant quite remember.
Reply 4
Yeh, mine were £7.99 for normal or £8.99 for metal last time I think...
Reply 5
Always cheaper at an independant
Go independant!

Timpsons are awful and really do overcharge. I took some boots in to be re-heeled and was told that they couldn't be repaired because of the type of heel (the boots were flat, with a tiny heel that run half the length of the shoe). I wore them to death thinking there was no hope for them and they got so bad that I was slipping on any hard surface I walked on so decided to take them back and get a second opinion - 'Of course we can fix them, it'll cost you £27 though'. Needless to say I told them where they could go and went to an independant who charged me £13.50. I've been going to this guy for about a year now and he's great, £5 for re-heeling and he does a fantastic job too.
Kittennffc
Go independant!

Timpsons are awful and really do overcharge. I took some boots in to be re-heeled and was told that they couldn't be repaired because of the type of heel (the boots were flat, with a tiny heel that run half the length of the shoe). I wore them to death thinking there was no hope for them and they got so bad that I was slipping on any hard surface I walked on so decided to take them back and get a second opinion - 'Of course we can fix them, it'll cost you £27 though'. Needless to say I told them where they could go and went to an independant who charged me £13.50. I've been going to this guy for about a year now and he's great, £5 for re-heeling and he does a fantastic job too.

:eek: :eek: :eek: JEEZE that is rather skanky. Have to say that I've always taken my shoes to Timpsons and haven't had no problems or been quoted those bonkers prices.
Reply 8
DancinBallerina
Yea £9 - £10. I had the normal one's out on which was £7 i think and then i went for the steel one which last longer and that was £9 I think - cant quite remember.

are the steel ones more slippery? :smile:
I HATE Timpsons...

I took a pair of new-ish Zara sandals to them at the beginning of the summer, and said I just wanted the heels done. They asked if I wanted them resoled too, but I made a big point of saying 'no,' (as I always scratch the soles of shoes with sandpaper when I first get them so I don't slip over - means they look a bit funny!).

The next day, I go to pick them up and the bloke asks for £26. Apparently they'd done the heels AND the soles, even though I'd told them not to, and were insisting I paid for it. My collection slip just had 'heel' ticked so I made a bit of a fuss saying that they'd made the mistake, not me. Made no difference though as the guy just got progressively more nasty, to the point where I just paid up because I was scared.

Never ever ever EVER again...
minimo
are the steel ones more slippery? :smile:

:nope: - they have lasted a hell of a lot longer than the plastic crappy one's they put in the first time I went to get my boots heel sorted.
Definately well worth the money.:smile:
Reply 11
I find people go for the steel ones but next time round return to the plastic.
The steel last longer but
a) people can hear you coming miles away and
b) They jar you more when you walk (so I've been told!)
The plastic ones I put in are pretty hard wearing, it's usually the cobbles that do for them in the end.

P.S. I only charge £4.50!
Reply 12
hi people jsut realy some advice if people at timpson do that to you ask to speak to the area manager OR customer care coz you will then get them to give you the shoes and only pay for the repair you asked for prices for heels sart from 7.95 for ladies heels busy branches tend to charge more i work for timpson and they are a fantastic company whos sole purpose is to give QUALITY SERVICE so if you have a problem contact customer care give the name of the peosin who served you and your complaint and the priceing isnt as cheap as some but are cheaper than otehrs they are mid range pricing but good quality repairs
Reply 13
Angelharpist
I HATE Timpsons...

I took a pair of new-ish Zara sandals to them at the beginning of the summer, and said I just wanted the heels done. They asked if I wanted them resoled too, but I made a big point of saying 'no,' (as I always scratch the soles of shoes with sandpaper when I first get them so I don't slip over - means they look a bit funny!).

The next day, I go to pick them up and the bloke asks for £26. Apparently they'd done the heels AND the soles, even though I'd told them not to, and were insisting I paid for it. My collection slip just had 'heel' ticked so I made a bit of a fuss saying that they'd made the mistake, not me. Made no difference though as the guy just got progressively more nasty, to the point where I just paid up because I was scared.

Never ever ever EVER again...

there is no way he can make you pay that you should have asked to speak to their boss
Reply 14
DancinBallerina
:eek: :eek: :eek: JEEZE that is rather skanky. Have to say that I've always taken my shoes to Timpsons and haven't had no problems or been quoted those bonkers prices.

they have tried to charge you for an extra job aswell then ladies heels are nowhere near that much in timpson
Reply 15
I wouldn't trust Timpsons, just tried taking my shoes to be rehealed first of all they said they were too busy then they turned round and said we only repair good quality shoes ! Cheek !
Reply 16
Timpsons are thge biggest rip off. £60 to resole leather shoes and £18 to have rubber half sole glued on to leather soles...I paid half that at an independent shoe repair shop 3 years ago...not quite inflation, more Timpsons ripping people off.
Reply 17
Closed.

Latest