The Student Room Group

Placement CV

I doing a sandwich degree atm and next year I'll be doing my placement year. Got sent a letter and a form to sign, which says I need to accompany a CV with it. Now I was wondering what things should one do differently in a CV sent for placement compared to a normal one? What should I add and omit?

Any ideas?
Reply 1
I would imagine not much, however, the idea of a placement is to learn, so perhaps put something in about your ability to adapt and be receptiove to ideas etc.

Does this help? http://www.ratemyplacement.co.uk/articles/2008/01/27/cv-advice/
I'd stick pretty much to the format of a standard CV. However, as well as selling myself on my skills, I'd also make it clear what my specific areas of interest were and where I'd like to get more experience, ie try and line myself up for the specific departments/specialities I'm interested in.
Reply 3
nothing different to a normal one, if your apllying to companies you have done modules related too and have done well in them you could name them and put the %mark you got.

Other than that its just a CV and covering letter (its all about the covering letter)
Reply 4
Quady
nothing different to a normal one, if your apllying to companies you have done modules related too and have done well in them you could name them and put the %mark you got.

Other than that its just a CV and covering letter (its all about the covering letter)

What do I do if I don't know the %mark, My marks in the modules are written as A3,C1,B1 etc. so do I write them like that?

About the covering letter. In this one it just says supply CV since I don't know the placements yet, their going to be released in August.
Reply 5
Nah dont bother, they wot understand that :P
dont you do a covering letter in august then?
Reply 6
Quady
Nah dont bother, they wot understand that :P
dont you do a covering letter in august then?

Probably, the placement coordinator told us to send him an updated CV with some examples and the grades were written as A,B,C, etc. like the A-level system, is that plausible?
Reply 7
I too am applying for a placement, I am hoping to teach abroad in europe for a year, would I miss/add anything because I am applying to to employers abroad ?, and the link given was great !! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending