The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2020
Moogen
Amon Amarth with Ensiferum! :eek: and we have to settle for seeing them play probably 25 mins opening Unholy Alliance...sucks! They're probably not gonna do a headlining tour are they? :frown:

I have seen Amon Amarth headlining last year. That was a good bill cos they had Finntroll as co-headliners. But (despite plenty of opportunities) I have never seen Ensiferum, and Belphegor have released one of my favourite albums of 2008. That is one hell of a lineup!

In fact, Amon Amarth were in the UK a stupid number of times in the last 2 years. They did a tour with Wintersun (!!) and Tyr, which I missed. They did that tour with Finntroll that I just mentioned. And they supported Dimmu Borgir. And now they are supporting Slayer.
Speaking of Wintersun, is there any news of Jani having finished editing the album at all?!
Reply 2022
blahbloo
Speaking of Wintersun, is there any news of Jani having finished editing the album at all?!

Release has been pushed back to 2009 last I heard. Oh and its Jari! Jani's the ex-sonata arctica guitarist! :wink:
Oh gosh, pick on me for the wrong letter. :p:
Reply 2024
Hehe sorry :tongue: (I didn't make the exact same mistake myself about 2 weeks ago...:ninja: )
Moogen
I like me a bit of Death. Do Arsis count as tech death? I'm pretty crappy with my genres.

My fav releases so far this year (pretty much all been mentioned although I feel like I'm forgetting something):
Opeth
Testament
Kalmah
Scar Symmetry
Meshuggah

Ihsahns new release is pretty good too, its also one of the few 'proggy' types of metal I can listen to, along with Opeth. Most prog metal just makes me wince :biggrin:
I've been listening to Veil of Maya - Common Mans Collapse all weekend, its breakdowntastic. Think Meshuggah plus Protest The Hero. Really enjoy it.
Uh-oh. Testament...Well, I better check out their album pretty soon. 2008 has been a pretty poor year for me in terms of albums so far.
Lateralus
I've been listening to Veil of Maya - Common Mans Collapse all weekend, its breakdowntastic. Think Meshuggah plus Protest The Hero. Really enjoy it.

Haha I didn't realize there was a band called Veil of Maya... I chose my name after the song by Cynic lol...

I'll check it out, it's on Napster so I can get at it lol...
Gojira are supporting In Flames on their tour in September :biggrin: I'm getting my ticket on Tuesday for the Glasgow Barrowland, next door to my flat! Hope to see some of you ***** there.
From Autumn To Ashes, Parkway Drive, In Flames, Bury Your Dead, Burning Skies, Mindless Self Indulgence, Machine Head, Alexisonfire, Comeback Kid, Lamb Of God, Devildriver, Architects, Stick To Your Guns, Darkest Hour, All That Remains, just some of my fav bands :smile:.
Some really good bands there mate :yy: You seen any of them live?
Reply 2032
Anyone going to the Protest the Hero+Unearth+Despised Icon+some other bands tour this summer? I think it's called the Never say die tour or something. I'm hopefully seeing it when they play at Corp in Sheffield.
joekang
Anyone going to the Protest the Hero+Unearth+Despised Icon+some other bands tour this summer? I think it's called the Never say die tour or something. I'm hopefully seeing it when they play at Corp in Sheffield.

I wanna see Unearth but I'm not too fussed about the rest of them. Depends how much it costs.
SmilerNuts
I wanna see Unearth but I'm not too fussed about the rest of them. Depends how much it costs.

Architects, Parkway Drive and Carnifex are there too :wink:. Ordered 6 tickets a few hours ago to the London date :smile:. Anyone going to As Blood Runs Black w/ Suicide Silence or the hell on earth tour with I think: Hell on Earth, Evergreen Terrace, Walls of Jericho, The Red Chord, Animosity, Stick To Your Guns, Cataract, The Destiny Program.. I hope to go to all of them :smile:.

I've seen Parkway Drive, In Flames, Bury Your Dead, MSI, Machine Head, Alexisonfire, Comeback Kid, Architects and All That Remains from that list before.

Saw a lot of them for a first time at Download this year, going to the Sunday at Reading too which should be cool. Gutted to be missing rage though, considering getting a weekend ticket just for Rage and the excessive camp site drinking :P
Reply 2035
I think that's the Summer Slaughter tour (the one with suicide silence/as blood runs black etc.). One of my friends might be going, but I'm not too interested since I haven't heard much from any of the bands. Are they all similar genres or is it quite a varied tour?
Reply 2036
I wouldn't mind seeing Protest the Hero, but I'm not too fussed for the rest of them. Only gigs I've got plans for in the upcoming months are Pelican and Torche in B'ham.
joekang
I think that's the Summer Slaughter tour (the one with suicide silence/as blood runs black etc.). One of my friends might be going, but I'm not too interested since I haven't heard much from any of the bands. Are they all similar genres or is it quite a varied tour?

Errm, As Blood Runs Black are more deathy than parkway drive, unearth etc.. So I'd probably say unearth with more of a death metal influence? Kinda despised icon'ish..
Who the hell are those bands listed above....I certainly can say I have never heard of those. What genre are they?? :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
blahbloo
Who the hell are those bands listed above....I certainly can say I have never heard of those. What genre are they?? :s-smilie: :s-smilie:

Which ones do you mean in particular?

Latest