The Student Room Group

Waitrose Uniform?

Does anybody know what the uniform for a shopfloor female is in Waitrose, do you know if you have to wear an apron/tabard on the shopfloor.

Scroll to see replies

I work in Waitrose :smile:

The uniform is:
Either grey pencil skirt or trousers.
Long sleeved or short sleeved shirt thingy.
Black or flesh coloured tights (if you choose skirt).
Green Waitrose zip-up jacket.
Black shoes.

If you work on the meat/fish/deli or patisserie you wear a white protective overall, a beige protective hat and a green apron.

Hope that solves your problem!
Are you applying for a job??
Reply 2
Thanks, I was informed that we had to wear an apron/tabard as well. I have a second interview next week.
Reply 3
I have heard Waitrose are bringing out a new uniform next year, anyone got any ideas what they are going to be.

I have heard that it may be similar to the Food Hall uniform at JL Oxford Street, but not sure.

Any ideas?
Reply 4
yh, i think its basicall going to be the same stuff but all black.
Reply 5
All black??? I'm not being racist or anything, but thats awful. It should concur with the green of Waitrose at least, and i like my green stripey apron :frown:

Our store has had all the signs which say "poultry" "meat" "eggs" (for example) changed from green to black, which could represent the first changeover.
Sorry but I'm rofl-ing at the fact you think saying the uniform shouldn't be all black could be construed as racist :biggrin:
Reply 7
I dread to think what we will have as our "Christmas Uniform" this year, what do you all think!
Reply 8
toffeepoppet
Sorry but I'm rofl-ing at the fact you think saying the uniform shouldn't be all black could be construed as racist :biggrin:

Some people take things the wrong way sometimes!

I liked christmas uniform this year, I like the red apron with the christmassy stuff on it!
Reply 9
katieblades
I have heard Waitrose are bringing out a new uniform next year, anyone got any ideas what they are going to be.

I have heard that it may be similar to the Food Hall uniform at JL Oxford Street, but not sure.

Any ideas?

Judging by the letter in the Chronicle last week, the "new" uniform is going to consit of a black shirt, trousers and apron for all partners, it looks like only service counter partners "have" to wear a tie. All I hope is the "apron" is optional but I doubt if it will be.
Reply 10
katieblades
Judging by the letter in the Chronicle last week, the "new" uniform is going to consit of a black shirt, trousers and apron for all partners, it looks like only service counter partners "have" to wear a tie. All I hope is the "apron" is optional but I doubt if it will be.

Oh no! Why do the service counter partners have to wear a tie? Surely it makes sense for the people who aren't wearing an overall and apron to wear a tie?

I should really start reading the chronicle! Also, i heard from one of my friend's friends that partners get 30% off O2 mobile phone contracts! Does anyone know anything about this?
I'm starting at a new Waitrose Convenience store this week. Our uniform is white shirt, green tie, black trousers and a black apron. There is also a black hat for food service partners.
No idea, as far as I am aware it's the convenience store uniform (the same applies in Nottingham), they described it as 'softer' colours to go with the 'softer' colours of the store compared to the supermarket... It's shown in these pics

http://www.talkingretail.com/news/industry-news/11747-waitrose-convenience-store-in-pictures.html

I imagine the apron prevents the white shirt getting dirty from dusty stock.
Reply 13
toffeepoppet
I imagine the apron prevents the white shirt getting dirty from dusty stock.

Maybe, but SMs wear white shirts/blouses at the moment without aprons and they don't look dirty very often. Although someone I used to work with was an ASM for a while and said the blouses got dirty very quickly. Perhaps it's not very noticeable?
Haha, I have no idea why we all have aprons. The SM's still wear white shirt and green tie without aprons. You can actually see the pictures from our store opening in the Chronicle last week :smile:
Reply 15

Why, oh why, can't the industry press correctly identify Mark as MD as opposed to "Chief Executive". Infuriates me, we aren't American :frown:
Reply 16
Ive just had my first shift, and I am really annoyed, I have absoultly no uniform, no jacket, no blouse, no skirt, no nothing. Is this normal.

I had to wear a "white blouse" and this pinny type thing.

I looked like such an idiot.

Is there an issue with uniform, have other people not got the right stuff?

Do I really have to wear the pinny or would the plain white blouse not surfice?
Does anyone know what size skirt I should order?? You can get short, reg or long length- I am 5ft8 but size 8/10 clothes so don't know whether to get short or reg!?! Thanks xx
Hi im starting soon, Do they provide the full uniform or will I have to bring my own trousers
Reply 19
Original post by Thompson C
Hi im starting soon, Do they provide the full uniform or will I have to bring my own trousers

You will be provided a full uniform, however its likely you'll have to wear some of your own clothes until it arrives. Ive been there nearly a month now and still only have half a uniform

Quick Reply

Latest