The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2080
Didn't you CREATE the classic rock thread? Why are you complaining? :s-smilie:
uthred get back in your own thread you varmint.
ahaha :laugh:

This does say 'rock and metal' though
That's all i was pointing out :p:
Reply 2083
It may as well be metal, though, if there is a seperate thread devoted to rock. :P

So with that in mind, anyone else looking forward to the new Zozobra record?
Reply 2084
I've heard Volbeat being called Elvis metal :biggrin: I've known them for a while now, I quite like them. I voted for them to be Megadeth's support band :p:
Gaayhl.
He's...gay? :eek:
Trivium have admitted The Crusade was **** and have promised the next album, due out in the Autumn will have "brutal screaming" that will really surprise people. :rolleyes:
Reunited progressive metallers CYNIC whose 1993 album "Focus" is regarded as a landmark release in the field of technical/progressive metal have set "Traced In Air" as the title of their new album, due on October 27 via Season of Mist Records. Returning from the "Focus" era for the new eight-song, 35-minute effort are are founding members Paul Masvidal (guitars/clean vocals) and Sean Reinert (drums) along with Sean Malone (bass), and joining the band in the studio is newcomer Tymon Kruidenier (guitars/growls). The band recorded the effort at a California studio with producer Warren Riker (DOWN, SANTANA).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RABGosx0Mqc&eurl=

I canny wait man!
Reply 2090
SunburnedCactus
Gaayhl.

Gaayhl indeed.

Lateralus
Reunited progressive metallers CYNIC whose 1993 album "Focus" is regarded as a landmark release in the field of technical/progressive metal have set "Traced In Air" as the title of their new album, due on October 27 via Season of Mist Records. Returning from the "Focus" era for the new eight-song, 35-minute effort are are founding members Paul Masvidal (guitars/clean vocals) and Sean Reinert (drums) along with Sean Malone (bass), and joining the band in the studio is newcomer Tymon Kruidenier (guitars/growls). The band recorded the effort at a California studio with producer Warren Riker (DOWN, SANTANA).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RABGosx0Mqc&eurl=

I canny wait man!

Just read the news - **** YEAH CYNIC.
Reply 2091
No he's not gay. Get off his back a little... there are enough annoying flamers as it is.
Got back from Norway today after a very mixed two weeks (in terms of weather). Got a few CDs/Records from a great shop in Bergen (Inc. Primordial - To the Nameless Dead on vinyl and Hypocrisy - Osculum Obscenum in a digipack). I wanted Hvis lyset tar oss on vinyl but no such luck. :frown:

This was the view from where I was staying on one of the few clear days.
Sounds (and looks) like a blast mate :yy: Good time apart from the weather?

I keep meaning to get some Hypocrisy stuff, is Catch 22 any good?
Reply 2094
PeaceSells
Got back from Norway today after a very mixed two weeks (in terms of weather). Got a few CDs/Records from a great shop in Bergen (Inc. Primordial - To the Nameless Dead on vinyl and Hypocrisy - Osculum Obscenum in a digipack). I wanted Hvis lyset tar oss on vinyl but no such luck. :frown:

This was the view from where I was staying on one of the few clear days.

I've been listening to this album for months now. Such fantastic songwriting...

http://nrkp3.no/konserter/?klipp=382827
SmilerNuts
Sounds (and looks) like a blast mate :yy: Good time apart from the weather?

I keep meaning to get some Hypocrisy stuff, is Catch 22 any good?

Yeah I had a great time and would definately go again.

In my view Catch 22 is their weakest album (it's almost nu-metal in its sound). Penetralia and Osculum Obscenum are good old school death metal releases with a certain black metal feel to them. Their later albums are melodic death metal more than anything else - Abducted and The Final Chapter are both standouts. I recommend Virus as the best to start with though as it is pretty accessible without being weak. :smile:

@ RJA: Thanks for the link, makes me want to see them live even more. :biggrin:
The Coffin Ships has been one of my favourite songs for ages.
Reply 2096
Not nearly enough Queensrÿche love in this soc. :p:
Reply 2097
I can't believe I've only just found out about this band. A supergroup with members from Enslaved, Johnny Truant, Twin Zero and Killing Joke. And they sound awesome, and they're playing Wacken on Sunday...

www.myspace.com/dreamofanopiumeater
i love both but isnt rock and metal music different ?
Blame smileynads. This society tends towards the heavier and more modern side of things, whilst uthred's cauldron of sin is about the other end of the spectrum.

It's all shades of grey though, one man's rock is another man's metal, and another man's cherished pet.

Latest