The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

RJA
I can't believe I've only just found out about this band. A supergroup with members from Enslaved, Johnny Truant, Twin Zero and Killing Joke. And they sound awesome, and they're playing Wacken on Sunday...

www.myspace.com/dreamofanopiumeater

Sounds very good, just a shame they don't have any releases out. :frown:
Arsenalforev
i love both but isnt rock and metal music different ?

Well, there you go. You like both, as do a lot of people and we don't wanna limit which bands you can talk about.

-----

Did anyone see Metal Hammers article supporting fringecore? :rofl: It was such an embarrassment. Why would anyone encourage people to wear their hair like that? And label the Black Dahlia Murder as fringecore :s-smilie:
New Trivium track 'Kirisute Gomen' is doing the rounds. Its quite underwhelming, much prefer the stuff off The Crusade.
The Crusade was ****e though :s:
Global Warming by Gojira, now there's a track.
I've warmed to Gojira; they have some kickass songs. \m/
I FOUND MY AUDIO DRIVERS FOR MY PC!!
MY SPEAKERS ARE NO LONGER PANTS!! :biggrin:

had a loong standing problem with crap audio and stuff... but now my bass speakers kick ass!
i once connected my guitar amp to my speakers :biggrin:

time for sooome..
iron maiden :biggrin:
Reply 2107
Lateralus
New Trivium track 'Kirisute Gomen' is doing the rounds. Its quite underwhelming, much prefer the stuff off The Crusade.

Yes, but tbh I wasn't expecting much to begin with, so it wasn't such a dissapointment.

:adore:

Wish there was a video though or some tasty live footage.
SmilerNuts
Well, there you go. You like both, as do a lot of people and we don't wanna limit which bands you can talk about.

-----

Did anyone see Metal Hammers article supporting fringecore? :rofl: It was such an embarrassment. Why would anyone encourage people to wear their hair like that? And label the Black Dahlia Murder as fringecore :s-smilie:

No, because anyone who likes metal do not read Metal Hammer. :wink:
blahbloo

Quoted for truth :wink:

Metal Hammer is Smash Hits for 12 year old emo kids.
Reply 2111
Gojira's last album was epic - really looking forward to the new one. Gonna be hard to top whale noises and godly harmonics though.
Reply 2112
Gojira were stunning at Download 0... err, I can't remember the year. Played the tent, was really good stuff.
blahbloo

Yes, because Aborted, The Rotted, Bloodbath, Napalm Death et al are not metal :rolleyes:
Anyone who likes metal and doesn't know better. :biggrin:
SmilerNuts
Yes, because Aborted, The Rotted, Bloodbath, Napalm Death et al are not metal :rolleyes:

When I was still reading it, Bullet for My Valentine/Trivium/etc came out every single bloody month. It just wasn't worth the price it was selling for! :rolleyes:

Wheras Terrorizer has different groups every month. :p:
Reply 2116
SmilerNuts

I don't know who Bloodbath are, but Aborted, The Rotted and Napalm Death are grindcore... :p:
Bloodbath is a death metal band that Peter Adkfard from Opeth is in. :biggrin: Think he left it now though. It was a good band, I havent checked their recent activity lately.
Adkfard?!
Mikael Akerfeldt is in Bloodbath, new album out in October. Also Martin Axenrot and a couple of other folk.

Anyone going to Brutal Assualt in the Czech Republic? Carcass, Entombed, Behemoth, Neurosis, Paradise Lost, Primordial and 1349 are apparently all playing.

blahbloo
When I was still reading it, Bullet for My Valentine/Trivium/etc came out every single bloody month. It just wasn't worth the price it was selling for! :rolleyes:

Yeah, there was some stupid Trivium spell where I stopped reading it but these days it does cover decent bands and that's what I read it for.

Latest