:no:
Reply 3
Snobpence17
University of Berlin, God you have to try hard to get the Germans to open up

That doesn't even make any sense
Lunn Poly University
Reply 5
KABS
Im thinking of doing a degree in Social Work and would like to know which university offers the best course.

*sigh* enitrely subjective. No one can tell you that.

Do you have any preferences? Anything in terms of course content that you'd like to focus on or would you like to keep the modules as wide as possible? Any preferences with uni (location, campus/city based)

You'll have a few people on here mocking it as an "ex-poly" course. The fact is some pre-1992 universities (very credible ones too) offer it. York, for example.
Reply 6
Surely Toynbee Poly?
_ES
Surely Toynbee Poly?

:biggrin::mad:

(Yes, I can express two emotions at once!)
Reply 8
_ES
Surely Toynbee Poly?

Boom boom :rolleyes:

OP, I can give you a list of unis that offer social work (or related) degrees.

The usual "heavyweights" Durham, Edinburgh, Manchester, York, Sheffield and from there down to Birmingham City and Teesside (with QUB, Plymouth and Northumbria along the way)

But (and I may be wrong here) I wouldn't have thought social work would be one area where prestige really should come into it a great deal. By that I mean grad prospects will be roughly equal from a range of unis. There's probably a shortage of social workers meaning they are in high demand.

Without knowing any specifics it's hard to say which are "best". That's something for you to decide by looking at the courses and visiting the unis yourself.
_ES
Surely Toynbee Poly?

Well, it's a course tailored for industry demand meaning job prospects. Or aren't people allowed to go to university for that very reason? If not, you will be stopping a lot of students going.
Reply 10
River85
Boom boom :rolleyes:

OP, I can give you a list of unis that offer social work (or related) degrees.

The usual "heavyweights" Durham, Edinburgh, Manchester, York, Sheffield and from there down to Birmingham City and Teesside (with QUB, Plymouth and Northumbria along the way)

But (and I may be wrong here) I wouldn't have thought social work would be one area where prestige really should come into it a great deal. By that I mean grad prospects will be roughly equal from a range of unis. There's probably a shortage of social workers meaning they are in high demand.

Without knowing any specifics it's hard to say which are "best". That's something for you to decide by looking at the courses and visiting the unis yourself.

I work alongside Social Workers and basically, it doesn't really matter at undergrad as long as you get a 2:2 and plenty of related work experience
KABS
Im thinking of doing a degree in Social Work and would like to know which university offers the best course.
Any personal experiences would be great.

Without doubt: https://www.bradfordcollege.ac.uk/courses/course_view?id=he34

This college is at the forefront of the industry and has a reputation that counts within the industry.
All social work courses have to meet certain guidelines set by the GSCC, so the actual content of them at any university are very similar, and you have to pass stringent criteria to qualify, both academic and professional. So rather than looking at the reputation of universities, start with ucas and find out which universities offer social work, which you have the grades for etc, and go from there.

Latest