The Student Room Group

Christmas Job At John Lewis

HI
I applied for a temporary christmas job at John Lewis and im going to an interview in a few days time. I have worked there before doing the same thing last year. I do really, desperately need a job to pay for my World Challenge trip next year. But the thing is that I'm going to reading festival so if i start working then then I will need time off. Secondly, my family is going away on holiday during the october half term, and i could need to go away in early december.
What do i do, i know they will ask me at the interview if i have any planned holidays, but if i tell them will they not give me the job. I have tried everywhere to get a job and this is my last option.
Please help.!!!
You can't lie.

Just tell them, you don't KNOW they won't give you the job.
im in almost the same situation, going on a RTW trip next feb, unemployed, going to leeds festival... but i dont have the other holidays, cant you stay at home for the other holidays if you needed to?
Reply 3
ahh christmas talk already! we haven't had our summer yet! =[
AHHHHHHHH crapppppp, are you applying for the oxford street branch? i well wanna work there this xmas, cant believe theyve already done interviews for it,
Reply 5
Off topic, but what do they ask at the interview?? I have a group one tomorrow...
Reply 6
omg i have one tomorrow aswell. is yours at 9.15
Reply 7
Bear_Grylls
AHHHHHHHH crapppppp, are you applying for the oxford street branch? i well wanna work there this xmas, cant believe theyve already done interviews for it,

You clearly haven't worked in a John Lewis at Christmas, I worked in Edinburgh at Christmas last year and I wouldn't wish the experience upon anyone.
Square
You clearly haven't worked in a John Lewis at Christmas, I worked in Edinburgh at Christmas last year and I wouldn't wish the experience upon anyone.
Nah i havent, just want it for my cv as john lewis are decent to work for, plus you get to dress in a shirt and suit trousers, none of this crappy store t shirt rubbish

Latest

Trending

Trending