The Student Room Group

Can't get over holiday romance

I got with a guy i met on holiday and now im back home I can't stop thinking about him and i miss him so much. I dont know what i can do to get over it. The thing is, he was just perfect and its getting me down that I'll never be with anyone as hot as him ever again. I've never felt so attracted to someone before, I literally got butterflies everytime i saw him and the night we spent together was amazing and just came so naturally. I've not ever felt like this with any other boy. Do you think this will affect future relationships? I worry because it was just so amazing that future relationships are just not going to compare at all. And just to let you know I'm not going to contact him as he lives in that country and I'm never going to see him again.

Also I was wondering if this is considered a one night stand. The night we spent together we didn't have sex but we had oral sex and did other physical things. Also I didn't just meet him on that night, we had flirted for days before. Is it considered a one night stand as I'm not ever going to see this boy again?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes it is considered a one night stand. Holiday romances never work out. Get over it.
Reply 2
Holiday romances are usually always like this. I don't understand why you never kept contact. But, whatever that is meant to be, is meant to be.
Reply 3
I've got his details but the reason I'm not going to contact him is because it's just going to make things worse and harder to get over. He's a foreign guy also lol so you know.
Reply 4
Anonymous
I've got his details but the reason I'm not going to contact him is because it's just going to make things worse and harder to get over. He's a foreign guy also lol so you know.

Contact him, if things dont work out, then it wont affect your future relationships. And why hasn't he contacted you?
Reply 5
Meus
Contact him, if things dont work out, then it wont affect your future relationships. And why hasn't he contacted you?

Not sure. If he did use me then thats fine because I don't regret it, I enjoyed it because he was just too god damn sexy which is mainly what I can't get over:frown:
Reply 6
Anonymous
Not sure. If he did use me then thats fine because I don't regret it, I enjoyed it because he was just too god damn sexy which is mainly what I can't get over:frown:

You shouldn't not care just because someone is sexy and used you. Otherwise I fear for your future holidays
Reply 7
Its not really 'using' her, is it? She knew as well as he did that it was just a holiday thing, & she doesn't regret it so she surely used him as much as he used her..
Reply 8
he could contact you
The great thing about a holiday romance is that you both know its temporary from the start, don't reveal any bad things about yourself/dull details about your life, and part with great memories. If he was someone back home you started dating you'd probably find he had irritating habits or posessive or controlling or needy or didn't support your life decisions or was otherwise imperfect. This guy should be in a seperate catergory to guys you'll date, so avoid comparing them!
Everyone seems perfect when you're on holiday. Think about it. Everyone is tanned, relaxed, enjoying themselves and you don't usually see their bad side. Hence why it seems so perfect at the time.
If you want to get over him, I think you are right not to contact him as its just going to remind you of what you had and keep your hopes up when really you need to put this behind you.
I doubt this will affect your future relationships, but its important that you get over him as once this is in the past you will be able to move on and consider other people.
The thing with your holiday romance is, that because it was so short there was no time for problems to occur as you were only around each other for a few days and in that sense it would have seemed very sweet and not at all like reality as it was out of perspective. The way you remember it is probably ideal but if you were to have the same relationship in the UK it would probably be much less easy, thats why holiday romances are said to be so good.

Give yourself time to move on, its not going to come quickly but keep yourself busy and try to keep your mind on other things. Keep your ideal memory as a memory and move on.
Anonymous
I got with a guy i met on holiday and now im back home I can't stop thinking about him and i miss him so much. I dont know what i can do to get over it. The thing is, he was just perfect and its getting me down that I'll never be with anyone as hot as him ever again. I've never felt so attracted to someone before, I literally got butterflies everytime i saw him and the night we spent together was amazing and just came so naturally. I've not ever felt like this with any other boy. Do you think this will affect future relationships? I worry because it was just so amazing that future relationships are just not going to compare at all. And just to let you know I'm not going to contact him as he lives in that country and I'm never going to see him again.

Also I was wondering if this is considered a one night stand. The night we spent together we didn't have sex but we had oral sex and did other physical things. Also I didn't just meet him on that night, we had flirted for days before. Is it considered a one night stand as I'm not ever going to see this boy again?

Trust me, I'm probably hotter than this guy and I'm fairly easy so there is still hope of meeting someone as hot, if not hotter...

It doesn't sound like he was that interested in you if he hasn't made any explicit effort to keep in contact. You have to be careful in a lot of these places. Some of these local guys have perfected the art of the holiday romance and have loads of girls every season. I had a friend come back from Mexico and she'd fallen for a holiday rep and was crazy about him. The first day she was back, she wouldn't shut up about him. By the end of the week, she wouldn't even talk because she'd finally realised what this guy was all about.
Of course, the fact that he wasn't that into you (in the sense of not wanting a relationship, I'm not saying he wasn't attracted) just probably made it seem even more ephemeral and hence hot and passionate.
Reply 13
I never got over mine...

She's coming over to stay at my place for a month next year. Booyah! Already went to stay at hers, and it was awesome.
lolimemma
Everyone seems perfect when you're on holiday. Think about it. Everyone is tanned, relaxed, enjoying themselves and you don't usually see their bad side. Hence why it seems so perfect at the time.

Yeh so true we all se things through rose tinted classes on our hols not until the bright light of day we realise and come to terms1 that not all things are as clear cute as they first appear to Be well thats my option on this! hope of some help 2 ya? ):yep:
honeymoon period, its just the novelty of a romance in a nice holiday location. Back in reality it wouldn't be so ideal so just let it go
Reply 16
Im in the same situation as you are, except i didnt get intimate with the guy, we just liked eachother straight away...
We took eachothers e-mail addresses and we kept in contact via e-mail.
now things are messy i seem to be doing all the hard work e-mailing him more texting him and i dont get much response from him.
So id say its good youre not in contact with him because that just causes more problems.....
Reply 17
xx
Reply 18
mdhey89
Yes it is considered a one night stand. Holiday romances never work out. Get over it.

My friend met her boyfriend on holiday and they're been together for a year now..
princess1729
The great thing about a holiday romance is that you both know its temporary from the start, don't reveal any bad things about yourself/dull details about your life, and part with great memories. If he was someone back home you started dating you'd probably find he had irritating habits or posessive or controlling or needy or didn't support your life decisions or was otherwise imperfect. This guy should be in a seperate catergory to guys you'll date, so avoid comparing them!

This is good advice, listen to her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending