The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
ah dont shave man, real men dont shave.
Are you sure they're spots? :p: Make sure you use a clean, sharp razor, shaving foam/cream and then moisturise afterwards. That's all I can think of...
Reply 3
Are you using a regular razor? My boyfriend used to get this, but I got him an electric one and it cleared up. Also, make sure the blades are clean :smile:.
Rubberband
Are you using a regular razor? My boyfriend used to get this, but I got him an electric one and it cleared up.

No my mum clears them with this sticky substance. She splodges it on my face and then removes it and it hurts like hell...

I call it shaving since i don't know what it's called =\
Yea I was going to say - sounds more like razor bumps than spots!
Reply 6
You get spots after shaving because it opens your pores, I suggest using a clean razor, shaving foam etc but also to get some cleanser or blackhead scrub/spot wash and use that afterwards. Aftershave is also designed to close your pores afterwards so use that too.
Ramadulla
No my mum clears them with this sticky substance. She splodges it on my face and then removes it and it hurts like hell...

hair removal cream?

do you always get the marks with it? maybe you are allergic?
Reply 8
Ramadulla

:s-smilie: You mean like hair removal cream? Yeah, I can imagine that would irritate the hell out of your face, I can't use it at all because I get a reaction to it - that's pretty common. Can't you switch to shaving?
Reply 9
Maybe you're doing it too rough/you need a better razor? I get spots when I shave my chest, because I am quite rough and the hair is quite coarse, but there you go. More blades = less irritation.
Reply 10
shave, obviously, with warm water but make sure you use aftershave or splash cold water on your face to close your pores afterwards.
randomgirl
hair removal cream?

do you always get the marks with it? maybe you are allergic?

I don't know, my skin feels numb for a while and I get these spots :no: My mother said that shaving is bad because it destroys the skin or something :s-smilie:
Reply 12
Ramadulla

Ramadulla
I don't know, my skin feels numb for a while and I get these spots :no: My mother said that shaving is bad because it destroys the skin or something :s-smilie:

Woah! I think its known as waxing? :s-smilie:, whereabouts are you 'shaving'? - I assumed it was your face but I'm starting to think otherwise...
Blundell
Woah! I think its known as waxing? :s-smilie:, whereabouts are you 'shaving'? - I assumed it was your face but I'm starting to think otherwise...

:laugh: Face, obviously.
surely waxing your face is worse than shaving? :s-smilie:
Reply 15
Ramadulla
:laugh: Face, obviously.

:p:

Ok well when you said splodgey stuff was applied then ripped off... That sounds a lot like waxing and I wouldn't recomend that for a man's face (I know some women like to get their 'tashes waxed). Anyway if you can't start properly shaving and want to rid of these spots then I suggest using a blackhead cleanser after every time you do this.
randomgirl
surely waxing your face is worse than shaving? :s-smilie:

My mother said it's a 'face wax' :hmmm:
Reply 17
Ramadulla
My mother said it's a 'face wax' :hmmm:

Regardless of what she says its obviously not for you my dear..
Tell her its causing your spots and that you would like to try shaving to see what difference it makes.
It's probably just shaving rash. But on the whole, I wouldnt recommend an electric shaver to get rid of this problem. Make sure you use a good soothing shaving foam, and a good quality razor.
Reply 19
my sister told me that exfoliating before shaving helps reduce spots etc.. i did that a few times and it does actually help

but now i dont really shave.. i just trim my face fuzz and keep it looking like stubble

Ergh clean shaves are too lame.

Latest