The Student Room Group
Reply 1
...bored
Basically, I am planning on taking all of these subjects at six form and was wondering if people think it may be too much? I may drop one science in the second year

What did you get in GCSEs, that may give us a better idea as to whether you can cut it
Loads of people do it. If you think you're capable, then why not?
Chemistry and Physics do require quite a lot of work, unless you're a genius or you're just really good.
jesus, you'll be a bloody hero if you can pull it off! :biggrin:
Reply 4
It's definitely doable cos the maths complement the physics. If you're good at science and that's what you want to do at Uni then go for it :biggrin:
...bored
Basically, I am planning on taking all of these subjects at six form and was wondering if people think it may be too much? I may drop one science in the second year

I was going to do EXACTLY the same, but now I'm not doing Physics, because I personally think it's too much
That is exactly what my friend is taking. He is some what a genius though lol. :smile:
That will be ALOT of work.
Dont doubt that... considering thats (in my opinion) that hardest set of A levels you could do!

Try it, and if its too much; drop one :smile:
Reply 8
...bored

I strted with that and dropped f maths after a few months because of the workload. Try it and if you cant keep it up drop one.
Reply 9
I was going to take this set of subjects but got convinced out of it by a college tutor. Biggest regret of my college life, take all 5 you can always drop 2 at the end of the year if need be.
FMaths AND Physics is probably not needed unless you want to do Engineering. I suggest that you drop one or the other personally because it will allow you to concentrate a lot better on the other subjects which in turn should result in higher grades and marks.
Reply 11
I got double A in sciences, but could have had A stars with could ISA exams ( i think i got a C in them) lol. But maths i reeally enjoy and , its my best subject ( got an A star). Got full marks in my chemistry modules, and i may do chemical engineering/ maybe go into medicine. Choosing all of these subjects may keep my options open, and gives me time to think about what subjects i would like to study at university.
Reply 12
Try them all, if you can't handle it, just drop the one you find the hardest.
Reply 13
Thanks a lot for the advise. MY dad is a physics professor and he says if I am good at maths I will find Physics extremely straightforward and painless. Is this true?
Reply 14
in addition i believe biology is the hardest science subject.
I did those choices to A2, drop biology as it's not really useful for much and it's not interesting and will take you a lot of time to memorise all the mark schemes necessary for an A. If I had my time again I'd take PE or something interesting
I started the year doing those options, ended up dropping the Chemistry in January. I have no regrets about doing the 5 at the start though because I started the year doing Chemistry and Biology because I wanted to do medicine, then had a change of heart.
...bored
Thanks a lot for the advise. MY dad is a physics professor and he says if I am good at maths I will find Physics extremely straightforward and painless. Is this true?

hmmm there's not that much maths at A level physics but at Uni it definitely becomes much more mathematical so being good at maths seriously helps.
I am taking maths further maths bio chem and economics

A lot of people have advised against but I want to try it out first because there is no harm in trying... and if its too much i'll drop chemsitry/biology/further maths depending on which i dont like most.