The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2160
61e.CR
Theres this one song on the new album I love, The Lotus Eater, but I've given a few of their albums a try now and I just really can't seem to sit through them. When I saw them at Download in 06 they seemed really, really good live, but I couldn't properly enjoy it because the content just didn't sit right with me.

What a really annoying band, haha.

I haven't actually heard their most recent album yet :/. My favourite song by them I've heard is probably The Moor.

My friends assure me that their stuff will grow on me eventually if I give it time. I hope it does ^^
Took me a while to get into them but it was definitely worth it.
They're definitely not a band you can just pick up and get into on first listen, which I guess is good as it keeps the scene kids away.
Reply 2163
I did. I saw the video from the last album (I forget the song title :rolleyes), and then I heard the full album version and loved it!
Opeth continually grow on me; the music just sounds better and better the more that I listen to it.
At first I didn't get why people said they were so good; but the appreciation just took a while! I do like them a lot now.

I like Katatonia very much too; although I found them easier to get into than Opeth.
atreyu, silverstein, rise against, avenged sevenfold anyone??? and biffy clyro are amazing but they're not really metal:s-smilie: ooo and all that remains!! none of those are actually metal are they? screamo? melodicore?
Biffy- not metal, but deffinitly amazing. Been addicted since 2003. Seeing them for the 8th or 9th time at the end of this year- CANNOT WAIT !! :biggrin:
Reply 2167
Age Of Silence, people? As a fan of bands like Arcturus and Vintersorg I should have known about them but I've just discovered them and I'm looking for recommendations.

I've been listening to Of Concrete And Glass for the past week and I need more now. :p:
Reply 2168
Not heard Age of Silence before, must check them out. I'm getting back into Thyrfing at the moment, they have an album out next month, and I'm seeing them live! :cool:
According to last.fm, I listen to a lot of symphonic metal. I had no idea that was even a genre of music.

My fave bands atm are Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation and Tarja Turunen.
Reply 2170
I always thought Emperor weren't bad musically but the vocals were attrocious. Nightwish were great before they got rid of Tarja-now they're just your average female fronted metal band. They no longer have distinction. I'm fond of Rhapsody and Dragonforce but the cheesiness of the lyrics can lose its appeal after a while. I'm mainly into classic old metal such as Maiden and Sabbath.

I guess I'd class myself as more of a blues/rock kind of guy in musical tastes. Bands like GnR, Zeppelin, Black Crowes etc.
Reply 2171
ununpentium
According to last.fm, I listen to a lot of symphonic metal. I had no idea that was even a genre of music.

My fave bands atm are Nightwish, Epica, Within Temptation and Tarja Turunen.

Symphonic Metal is ftw :biggrin:
So who likes the new metallica song?
^^ Not heard it and don't intend to tbh.

Slipknot, Machine Head and COB tour, tickets on sale Wednesday. Anyone still interested?
Also thinking of going to see Raging Speedhorn since that's only £7.50 :biggrin:
Reply 2174
Zophixan
So who likes the new metallica song?
Got a link? I listened to those 2 songs they sort of released a few months back, and I've pretty much resigned myself to expecting another crap album.
lol go to the metallica site. The day that never ends or something, its their new single.
Reply 2176
-Raziel-
Nightwish were great before they got rid of Tarja-now they're just your average female fronted metal band. They no longer have distinction.

Agreed.

As for the new Metallica single... I'm not a fan. I don't like Metallica though. It's to be expected. :p:
Reply 2177
Zophixan
lol go to the metallica site. The day that never ends or something, its their new single.
After listening to it, I don't think my opinion has changed...
Another new Metallica song, My Apocalypse - http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=601136

Its thrashtastic.
anyone off to 3inches of blood + toxic holocaust on sunday? :tongue:

Latest