The Student Room Group
Reply 2
ooo...thanks
Reply 3
(edited 12 years ago)
That website is stupid even if you type in that you got 99999999 A*'s it still says 500 people beat you.
Reply 5
It's stupid. If, under the A-Levels, you say you got 5 As at AS and 5 As at A2, which people do do, it tells you that you're first in the country, to be honest the site is quite useless besides the Cambridge Admission Score, because Universities don't compare you against the rest of the country, they also take into account where you studied, it's nowhere near as black and white as grade info depicts.
Reply 6
Katermerang
That website is stupid even if you type in that you got 99999999 A*'s it still says 500 people beat you.

The reason it does that is because it's built by people submitting their scores, and idiots like you that submit impossible scores skew the system when you start getting into higher grades. Don't complain when you're part of the problem, gosh. :rolleyes:
Beska
The reason it does that is because it's built by people submitting their scores, and idiots like you that submit impossible scores skew the system when you start getting into higher grades. Don't complain when you're part of the problem, gosh. :rolleyes:

Look before you start calling people idiots maybe you should look at the site your self:

"Where are these statistics from?
All of the statistics used on this website are from the DFES's (Department for Education and Skills) Statistics website. This is certainly a reputable source and so you can expect that this site's analysis of your grades is as accurate as can be found on the internet."

(Taken from the website, )

it would not possibly work if was just run by people submitting their scores. Every heard of think before you type? Hypocrite.
Reply 8
Katermerang
words

Fair enough, I'm wrong. :smile:
Beska
Fair enough, I'm wrong. :smile:

Good, and thank you for admitting it.
I just checked that if you got 4 straight a's this year you have:

your percentile 97.18%
you outperformed 126,300 students
and you are one of the 3700 that got 4 staight a's out of the maximum 130,000
and also 1 in 35 has your level of ability or above.

:?:
Katermerang

Yeah quite and I wonder how old the stats are? 05? 04?
Reply 12
j1991
My percentile is 97.8% ...comapred to the nation ..Wohoooo Go me! :biggrin:

See, it says my percentile is 98.42% despite your results being technically better, probably because you have a B. Even still, your results are better, so it shows the system can't really be trusted :yep:
Reply 13
Beska

Do you know when you're getting the results for your Geography remark?
Reply 14
v1oXx-
Do you know when you're getting the results for your Geography remark?

That post is quite embrassing because I made a massive dick of myself. :o:

No idea! I assume they could take any amount of time between now and certificate evening. :p:
Noble.
It's stupid. If, under the A-Levels, you say you got 5 As at AS and 5 As at A2, which people do do, it tells you that you're first in the country, to be honest the site is quite useless besides the Cambridge Admission Score, because Universities don't compare you against the rest of the country, they also take into account where you studied, it's nowhere near as black and white as grade info depicts.

If you got 5 As at AS and carried all of them on to A2 you'd only put the grades in for A2.
Original post by fishy789
For some reason, the link won't work for me. I got 6A*s, 4As and an A in additional maths (I don't know if that counts). Please can someone work out my percentile/score or whatever etc. Cheers in advance

Bro the link is from 2008 it shouldn't be surprising that it isn't working.

Btw i tried it also but keep getting redirected.

Latest