The Student Room Group

Lack of morning erection

HI please leave anonymous

For quite a while i have noticed that i am waking up without normal morning erections. I'm an otherwise healthy 18 year old male. I've been told it is not normal to wake up flaccid. However, i have a good, healthy sex life with gf so there have been no otherwise symptons of any erectile dysfunction (have good stiff sex at least 5 times a week with no issues). So should i be worried about this or is it normal?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Normal.

Morning wood isn't exactly an "erection" as such, it's caused by the blood not escaping the penis (I'm sure someone will explain in more detail).

Some people just don't get them, some people only sometimes get them, and some people can stop getting them. :smile:
Reply 2
It means nothing. It's determined by the point during your sleep cycle at which you wake up.
Reply 3
It's normal, as the previous posters have said, some people get it some of the time, some people never get it, and it depends when you wake up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nocturnal_penile_tumescence
Wikipedia has the answer to everything!
I hardly ever wake up with an erection, and he's workin' fine. Honest.
Reply 5
dont think you should worry about it mate.
Reply 6
omg do you wake up with one everyday?!

wow
I wish i did not have morning erections, do you know how annoying it can be?
Yeah, practically everyday really for myself.

Though, everyone is different so it means bo diddly really.

edit: I can't believe I talking about morning wood.
Anonymous

At least it'll stop the bedsheets sticking to you on these global warming-induced muggy summer evenings.
Reply 10
Anonymous

omg imagine having breakfast with your family and then the table suddenly rises up on your side and all the plates start falling off the table and you're mums like "wtf?!" and your lil bro is like "earthquake!" and then your dad is like "i think we need a little talk son"

omg im glad im a girl, that must be sooooooo embarassing

but having one is healthier than not having one i guess :yep:
Reply 11
Mrs_Sylar
omg imagine having breakfast with your family and then the table suddenly rises up on your side and all the plates start falling off the table and you're mums like "wtf?!" and your lil bro is like "earthquake!" and then your dad is like "i think we need a little talk son"

Erm yeah, that isn't *exactly* how it works...
Reply 12
^^^ lol what do i know all i have to worry about is riding the crimson wave every so often lool

:smile:
Reply 13
Mrs_Sylar

....its not a self raising telegraph pole that happens to start an earthquake....

....having said that
Reply 14
this thread made me lol..
Reply 15
Q_M
....its not a self raising telegraph pole that happens to start an earthquake....

....having said that

guys always boast about size. so are you actually admitting it isn't all that big?!

woohoo "celebrate good timez come on!" :party:
Reply 16
Mrs_Sylar
guys always boast about size. so are you actually admitting it isn't all that big?!

woohoo "celebrate good timez come on!" :party:

lol internet forums arnt where I let people know about my size. Its a closely guarded secret between me and my school/college friends and girlfriends lol.
Reply 17
Q_M
lol internet forums arnt where I let people know about my size. Its a closely guarded secret between me and my school/college friends and girlfriends lol.

You tell all your school/college friends ???
Reply 18
Anonymous

lol. When i was 14 i got them every single morning (puberty is when they are most common) and my mum used to do this thing where if i wouldn't get up she'd pull the covers off (i slept in pyjamas). But one night it was really hot so i slept naked. SO next morning mum pulls off the covers and i have a rock hard cock lol. I remember vividly how loud she screamed :yep:
Reply 19
eli2ab3th
You tell all your school/college friends ???

lmao :biggrin:

Latest