The Student Room Group

How to put in AS levels in the Ucas form?

So you put them in as Advanced level qualifications, right? Do you have to put the modules you did in? And it says you don't have to put in 'unit details', but should you? And does that include just the points, or points and grades of papers?
Lastly, it says on 'View all details' "WARNING: you are currently in education but have not entered any qualifications yet to be completed."
How does it distinguish between an AS and A level?

Or am I not supposed to put AS levels in at all?
Reply 1
Cant believe you got all A*s and As but dont know the difference between an AS and an A level, and work out how to do the UCAS form..
An AS is an Advanced Subsidary.. So you put it in the Advanced Subsidary section.. Yes, you will have to put modules in as for some subjects they change, for example business studies unit 5, you can either do coursework or an exam..
It says you dont have to put in the unit details, so dont!! All they will be bothered about is the overall grade.. they can assess you on your unit details if they need to, when you send them your results next August..
Reply 2
stew1988
Cant believe you got all A*s and As but dont know the difference between an AS and an A level, and work out how to do the UCAS form..
An AS is an Advanced Subsidary.. So you put it in the Advanced Subsidary section.. Yes, you will have to put modules in as for some subjects they change, for example business studies unit 5, you can either do coursework or an exam..
It says you dont have to put in the unit details, so dont!! All they will be bothered about is the overall grade.. they can assess you on your unit details if they need to, when you send them your results next August..

What Advanced Subsidiary section?
It has:
Advanced Level
Advanced level With Advanced Subsidiary
Advanced Level: Double Award
Advanced Supplementary (OLD-last award 2001)
Reply 3
eh?, what the hell are you using.
the catergories are as follows:

GCE Advanced Level
GCE Advanced Level: Double Award
GCE Advanced Subsidiary (NEW - first award 2001)

and then you got B-Tech diploma's and GCSE's in there as well..

so you put it in the AS catergorie
Reply 4
Ah, you have to go into the other qualifications not on the list..
Thanks, but our college hasn't explained at all. What do I put for the grades/modules of AS levels I'm continuing to A2?
Reply 5
you dont have to put in your module marks if you dont want to, the overall grade matters the most.
then put in the subjects you are taking to A2, put pending on the overall grade, and leave it at that. put that in the GCE Advanced Level catergorie
Reply 6
So what do you do with the subjects modules that you are taking on to A2? My teacher said not to put in the AS, so do you just put in your module grades in the A2 section, or was she just completely wrong? :smile:
Reply 7
hodgey90
you dont have to put in your module marks if you dont want to, the overall grade matters the most.
then put in the subjects you are taking to A2, put pending on the overall grade, and leave it at that. put that in the GCE Advanced Level catergorie

Sorry If I'm being stupid, but simply put I just put in the result of the AS I've dropped, and for my A2 subjects just put them in Advanced level without a grade? Will my grades only be in my reference or something?
Reply 8
yes that's right
You need to find out if your grades are cashed in or not
If they are cashed in you put your grades down for all AS subjects whether or not you are taking them onto A level
If they are not cashed in then you put pending for all, even if you are not carrying it on to A2
Hope this helps =]
Reply 10
But if you put pending then how do they know what you got at AS? What if you want them to know when your grades aren't cashed in but are carrying all on to A2 :s-smilie:
Reply 11
What do you all mean when you say 'Cashed in'?
Reply 12
yeah can anyone explain in detail what 'cashed in' means? My teaher has explained it to us a few times but i still don't get it.
what does cashed in please?
and also what does 'For AS subjects please enter when you plan to 'certificate' your AS' mean please??
Reply 14
want to bump this thread because im in exactly the same pickle about 'cashing in' etc.

Latest

Trending

Trending