The Student Room Group

Athletics

Scroll to see replies

Bolt beats Powell in Brussels
Economist

9.77, will be interesting to see it, to see if he tried...
How awesome is Jelimo? That 800m world record is hers for the taking.

Did Vlasic share the jackpot too? According to a site I'm looking at, her and two others cleared 2m but it also has her down in 2nd! :frown:
Economist

is there a clip of this race anywhere?
Reply 404
I can't wait till next year...
Reply 405
Bolt got a crap start and only caught him in the last 15m, he's unbeatable!!!! for now that is...........
Well he looked like he actually had to try in this race! Into a strong headwind too, these two are awesome, they should fight crime!
haha, is alcohol a banned substance though?
Reply 409
omg :rofl:
Hes looking at getting a year ban from the russian federation. Tis a shame cos hes a 2.39 jumper.
That Van der Westen must false start deliberately... he was responsible for another one in Stuttgart...
Reply 412
This thread needs to come back to life!
Agreed.
Reply 414
Original post by rockrunride
Agreed.

Lets do this revamp.
I also agree, especially with Olys coming up. :teeth:
So... *ahem*.. I suppose we'll be discussing personal undertakings as well as the goings on of the world-class stuff.

I'm very nondescript in my personal preferences, my first love is cross country (my power of 10 says I did 14 XC races this winter!) but you can't do it in the summer. Probably like any road race from 5k-half marathon and track 800-5000m.

Think Jessica Ennis will be hard pressed to win Olympic gold as she has Chernova and Dobrynska both outdoing her in major championships recently, but maybe the home advantage will give her the edge. Can't really call it. Hoping Phillips Idowu finally wins his gold as well but again, it will be difficult.
Reply 417
So... *ahem*.. I suppose we'll be discussing personal undertakings as well as the goings on of the world-class stuff.

I'm very nondescript in my personal preferences, my first love is cross country (my power of 10 says I did 14 XC races this winter!) but you can't do it in the summer. Probably like any road race from 5k-half marathon and track 800-5000m.

Think Jessica Ennis will be hard pressed to win Olympic gold as she has Chernova and Dobrynska both outdoing her in major championships recently, but maybe the home advantage will give her the edge. Can't really call it. Hoping Phillips Idowu finally wins his gold as well but again, it will be difficult.

Mhmm.

I'm waiting for the season to start at my school, hopefully be doing a few 800s, Triple and High Jumps at senior athletics fixtures. Mind you I'm not that great :tongue:

Ah I'd love to see Ennis do it on home turf; I think she deals with pressure well when she's got home supporters behind her - take her B'ham performance. I agree though, will be tough with Dobrynska on the rise and Chernova wanting revenge. Hopefully Ennis will have the drive and do her best on her better events and pull back up her weaker ones.

Poor Idowu last year! I have no clue who will come and usurp him this year, but a bad feeling that it will happen just as he thinks he's got the gold in the bag. :/ I hope we get an 18m plus jump this season!

Really want to see Ashton Eaton do something wonderful in the decathlon - that guy is dam talented.

I wonder how Gay's recovery is going from the surgery he had..really wanna see him back challenging Bolt (along with young speedster Blake!).

Anyone see Jelimo's comeback in Istanbul? Exciting!
Cheeky little victory in the 3000m at the Highgate Harriers open tonight :awesome:

Maybe.. just maybe.. am on for a new pb this year.
Reply 419
Cheeky little victory in the 3000m at the Highgate Harriers open tonight :awesome:

Maybe.. just maybe.. am on for a new pb this year.

Congrats. Thanks for ignoring my post btw :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest