The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull Uni Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
The Scheme are student houses, except the landlord is not the University, it is a landlord that has been vetted by the university and complies to blah blah blah regulations. They are student houses essentially, except your rent goes to a different person!
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 201
So where are the more sociable "scheme" areas? Like Beverley road? And if your more sociable is it better to share with a large number?
Reply 202
I would say not Bev Road. Newland Avenue definately, and Cranbrook and Aukland Avenues too - thats there the party's at!!
I still havent had anything back from the uni either!
I sent my form off on the 18th August as I went through Clearing, is that late?
Ive been on Facebook and heard that only shared rooms and shared houses (like u hav talked about) are left.
If there was no accommodation available, how would I get into a student house?
Reply 204
Cant shared rooms get a bit awkward?
Reply 205
lol i shared a room and I managed. It can get awkward for intimate situations but you just set up an understanding and take it in turns to have use of the room lol, and stay somewhere else when its not your turn, like.. your mates room upstairs or somethign!?
Me and my room mate were well matched though, and our deadlines were similar, so as a result our all nighters for essays were at the same time!
Reply 206
Im in auckland avenueeee
number 33!
Reply 207
lucyluce
Im in auckland avenueeee
number 33!

you lucky thing Lucy. Aukland is awesome!
Reply 208
Danja123
So where are the more sociable "scheme" areas? Like Beverley road? And if your more sociable is it better to share with a large number?

I'm afraid the Scheme is a bit of a lottery, it was for us last year anyway. Everyone was instructed to turn up on a saturday with all their stuff and we were put into groups and sent off with a landlord. It worked out quite well for me living with a decent size group on Beverly Road. We all had a good laugh although we struggled to make other friendship groups becuase most first years are out at the lawns.
what is the smallest bedroom in the student houses? i know that im in the student houses but i have no idea what room im in.
im dreading turning up and finding out im in a box room 2m by 2m and not enjoying myself.
don't get me wrong im not expecting a super large room but i like a bit of space and i would like to take my guitars and possibly an amp, pedals and stuff take up floor space when in use and i dont work well in clutter..................
Reply 210
Heh, I don't fancy sharing a room. And I'd pity da foo that'd have to share a room with me :frown:

I got the exact same email from the Accomodation Office on Monday 1st, sent back almost immediately saying The Scheme was A-OK by me, and I haven't heard a peep since.
Reply 211
thomash999
what is the smallest bedroom in the student houses? i know that im in the student houses but i have no idea what room im in.
im dreading turning up and finding out im in a box room 2m by 2m and not enjoying myself.
don't get me wrong im not expecting a super large room but i like a bit of space and i would like to take my guitars and possibly an amp, pedals and stuff take up floor space when in use and i dont work well in clutter..................

If you're in a student house, until you get there, there's almost no way to find out. the rooms vary wildly in size (as do the houses) - for example my room is pretty large (it's two box rooms knocked through, and 'feels' vary spacious), but one of the others in this house is much much smaller. The houses aren't homogeneous - they're all over the place :smile:
Smigs
If you're in a student house, until you get there, there's almost no way to find out. the rooms vary wildly in size (as do the houses) - for example my room is pretty large (it's two box rooms knocked through, and 'feels' vary spacious), but one of the others in this house is much much smaller. The houses aren't homogeneous - they're all over the place :smile:

cool, thanks for the reply, but could you give me any idea what sort of size the rooms classed as a small room is dimension wise roughly?
Reply 213
Has anyone not recieved their 'real' accom contract yet? I got my welcome pack but have yet to recieve the contract.
No, not yet.
Reply 215
thomash999
cool, thanks for the reply, but could you give me any idea what sort of size the rooms classed as a small room is dimension wise roughly?

no, because I don't have a tape measure :wink:
Swifter
Has anyone not recieved their 'real' accom contract yet? I got my welcome pack but have yet to recieve the contract.

I know of someone who said they've received theirs.
Ascreavie
Do you they contact you about what's happening with the Scheme?

im in the scheme as well, well i didn't know it untill today, they told me i was in the student houses on cranbrook avenue, but i got a phone call today saying that they couldn't give me a place anywhere i requested on my application and i was now in the scheme.

They gave me a choice between i house with 5 other students in what they described as a large old Victorian house with a communal living room, kitchen and bathroom. they also said they would match me up with people in similar courses and interests as me. they also said it would close to the uni but could be 1 to 2 miles away and costs £65 rent a week.

This is what i requested but they also gave me another choice in blocks of residence near the town center in the old part of hull, these would be individual rooms with communal kitchen and bathroom, with rent at £50 a week, and the land lord would supply a free shuttle or bus pass to and from the uni. this is cheaper and sounds ok but i doesnt really sound right for me.

anyway they said that i would receive confirmation but you don't have to sign the contract until you have seen and are happy with the place they have allocated you

hope this helps, also does anyone know anythink about these places, like what condition are they in and such... thanks
Reply 218
I haven't received the 'real' accommodation contract yet either! I have the one where you have to sign one half and send it off, but not the one which tells you which block your in. Starting to get abit worried now lol, has anyone else had theirs?
Reply 219
ashfire
I haven't received the 'real' accommodation contract yet either! I have the one where you have to sign one half and send it off, but not the one which tells you which block your in. Starting to get abit worried now lol, has anyone else had theirs?

I think most are still waiting, i know i am lol.

Quick Reply

Latest