The Student Room Group
Reply 1
strepsils. and sleep. and paracetamol, and lots of hoping... i lost ym voice just before christmas for 5 days and i had a spanish speaking test :frown:

lou xxx
Reply 2
Lots of hot drinks - preferably tea, some nice halls soothers, painkillers and rest
Reply 3
Uncanny, but I'm in EXACTLY the same situation. Two 18ths in a row,tonight and tomorrow night, and I've got the very beginnings of a sore throat.

So a big thanks from me. :smile:
Reply 4
honey... honey :wink:
Reply 5
oh yeh have a hot honey andf lemon (my mum swears by hot-toddies- honey and lemon with a shot of whisky)

lou xxx
Reply 6
oh yeh have a hot honey andf lemon (my mum swears by hot-toddies- honey and lemon with a shot of whisky)

thats the best medicine ever :biggrin:

tastes soo good when ur ill.
My mum swears by this and to be fair I had just about the worst sore throat I've ever had a couple of days ago and I swallowed a tea spoon of that and it helped. Apparently it's even being used externally to combat the MRSA bug in hospitals. It's not cheap though, my dad almost keeled over when my mum admitted how much it had cost. :rolleyes:
Reply 8
englishstudent
My mum swears by this and to be fair I had just about the worst sore throat I've ever had a couple of days ago and I swallowed a tea spoon of that and it helped. Apparently it's even being used externally to combat the MRSA bug in hospitals. It's not cheap though, my dad almost keeled over when my mum admitted how much it had cost. :rolleyes:

How much does it cost?

I'd say lots of hot drinks, but I think strepsils are just a scam - they work for a few minutes, but in the long term they just make it worse! Make sure you drink plenty of fluids because it could be the first sign of a cold, and I find this is the best way to prevent colds.
Reply 9
My mam always gives me hot lemon juice with honey in it, makes me drink so much of it, it does work though.
I also remember when I was little my grandma making me swallow a teaspoon of butter and sugar as she swore it cured sore throats (can't remember if it did though).
Angel_Cake
How much does it cost?

I'd say lots of hot drinks, but I think strepsils are just a scam - they work for a few minutes, but in the long term they just make it worse! Make sure you drink plenty of fluids because it could be the first sign of a cold, and I find this is the best way to prevent colds.

Best part of £20. :eek:
Reply 11
hot ribena....makes all sadness go away!
Reply 12
Willa

Yeh right!
Reply 13
Willa

one of my friends kept making that for me when i had glandular fever, he'd ring me throughout the day askign if i wanted one and then bring it upto me (via 3 flights of stairs)... does cheer you up

lou xxx
Reply 14
lou p
one of my friends kept making that for me when i had glandular fever, he'd ring me throughout the day askign if i wanted one and then bring it upto me (via 3 flights of stairs)... does cheer you up

lou xxx

Awwww your friend sounds really sweet!

Hot ribena would bring more of a sigh to me really :rolleyes: It holds quite a nice picture for me too :smile: Not sure that'll ever change regardless actually :rolleyes: It'll always be a sweet memory :smile: but it's just a memory :smile: and I like it that way, actually.
Reply 15
I swear on warm fruit vinegar (I dunno if normal vinegar would be OK, it should be fine, I mean... acetic acid). Cured a sore throat one day before a choir audition (I didn't make the choir, though).
Reply 16
Best thing for a sore throat is to get some dispersible asprin into about an inch of water. Let it disperse and then gargle with it. Always works for me.
Reply 17
Hey

I had a similar problem yesterday- well had to go to a party and my throat was killing me. I took vitamin C, multivitamins, ibuprofen, drank echinecca tea, coffee (to stay awake), tunes and beechams and i slept all afternoon before that. worked quite well and I feel a lot better today.

Karisa

Latest

Trending

Trending