The Student Room Group

Migraine and blurry vision

Right, don't like to let people down if they know me that i have a problem so please keep this anoymous. Thanks.

Recently past 3 days i've got a terrible migrane, which resulted in me in bed with curtains closed and lights off. I'm still having migrane, just not as bad but sensation still hurts. currently in bed, getting plenty of sleep, bit too much i'd say part of gloomy weather i suppose and watching tv with hot cup of tea and buscuit.

Any ideas how to treat it fast, got to head off driving to university in 3 days time and there'll be soo must stuff to do. As for paracetamols, my sister ate them all.Thanks!
Reply 1
considering your actually sleeping and your on here your lucky its not the worst migraine but you really need to get yourself some nurofen or paracetamol and just keep yourself in bed. Depending on how you feel and how sensitive your eyes are watching television might not be the best idea.

Get some meds and you'll be back to normal before you head for uni
Reply 2
JPUK
considering your actually sleeping and your on here your lucky its not the worst migraine but you really need to get yourself some nurofen or paracetamol and just keep yourself in bed. Depending on how you feel and how sensitive your eyes are watching television might not be the best idea.

Get some meds and you'll be back to normal before you head for uni

okay! thanks, ill try this out. rep will be added once i'm cured :yep:
Go to the chemist (or get someone to do it for you) and ask for migraine painkillers over the counter. They'll be a bit stronger than bog standard Ibuprofen and paracetamol.
Persona;;y I find that neurofen migraine pain helpw with mine. Its slightly higher MG and its ibuprofen lysine rather than just ibuprofen... but for this... I think sometihng stronger will help.

If you are aware of any triggers... avoid them.. If you dont know they are chocolate, citrus, caffiene, cheese, alcohol, beef (there are others) so keep off tehm or it may prolongue your suffering or make it worse or both. Until it goes away, just keep resting in a dark room.
Reply 4
I get this sometimes and i know one is coming when part of my vision goes. When i know i'm getting one i take a paracetamol immeidately and if i do get one i get some sleep and that usually does the trick and it eventually goes away, sounds like you've got a really bad one :frown: hope it gets better for you but definitely get yourself some paracetamol
If this sort of thing happens fairly regularly it might be worth seeing an Optician

Latest

Trending

Trending