The Student Room Group
Reply 1
loafer
just dont make it cringe

I guess that's my Madonna - Material Girl suggestion out of the window :frown:
Volunteered.

It depends on the theme of the fashion show. Generally, though, you'll need to play a mix of up-beat stuff, but not necessarily a club hit. I'd a suggest a song from Kanye (maybe Flashing Lights?), Pharrel/NERD (just about anything), also Snoop and Pharrel's Beautiful (might not be appropriate for your school, though).
I was thinking about this the other day actually. I'd have an angry fashion show like Vivenne Westwood's, I'd begin with Choose Life from Trainspotting and then go into Argument by Robots In Disguise.
Reply 4
loafer
funky stuff, lots of fashion houses actually get artists to perform at their shows. prince has done one IIRC justin timberlake etc.

what kinda clothes are you doing?

just dont make it cringe

theme is futuristic... occasion called "futurista" going to have clothes from the 70's or so to the present..
I have been a DJ for about 11 years, the best thing would be some funky house music, **** the chart ****.
Atomic - Blondie
Born Slippy - Underworld (has a good marching pace for the models, if they can manage in heels)
But this one is awesome, especially if you can use those same visuals After Every Party I Die
Reply 7
right said fred - i'm too sexy

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ipZDG6__Zfc

the irony with this song is, the guy isnt actually sexy :laugh:
Reply 8
Flawless by The Ones
It sounds quite funky, techno and I think it would go well with a fashion show
Reply 9
loafer

Hm, not necessarily but it would get a little boring after a while.

What's the theme? Punk, electronic? (in regards to the music). Watch some of Gok's Fashion Fix and see what music he uses (even though he's an ass), or alternatively watch a fashion show online that's similar to the sort of thing you'll have at school.

They used this one on Gok's Fashion Fix, I know it's pretty long so you could edit it but it worked on his show..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY3ZtvwlINM

I've an Elle Collections kicking about my house somewhere with the music from all the fashion shows, if that would be of any use!
Reply 10
jabed786
Flawless by The Ones
It sounds quite funky, techno and I think it would go well with a fashion show

I just came here to post the exact same song. :p: It'd work with the futuristic theme as well.
Reply 11

I just came here to post the exact same song. It'd work with the futuristic theme as well.

:yep: great minds think alike :P
Most big desingers do dancey stuff like Simian Mobile Disco (Versace) or Justice etc. They tend to do modern dance songs unless there is a specific theme to their clothes like vintage stuff, then they might play a vintagey song. Sleep Deprivation by Simian Mobile Disco is really good and Hustler :smile: Just adding LCD Soundsystem - Daft Punk is playing at my house, Fedde Le grand- put your hands up for Detroit and Chemical Bros - most of their stuff really, Midnight Madness, Saturate and Do It Again are all good.
Just for fun, Ernie K Doe - Here come the girls (off the Boots advert)
Good Luck! I hope no one trips over :smile:
Reply 13
'Temptation Waits' by Garbage would be a good'un. Random upbeat, dancey, hip hop stuff...perchance 'Stronger' by Kanye West.

Latest