The Student Room Group

Job for one day a week?

hi basically im a student at college and my timetable is pretty heavy (maths, biology, chemistry and economics), i need time to do plenty of work as i want A's hopefully

I really only want to work one day a week (sat or sun) is this possible and do you think it will put alot of employers off?

can anyone give me websites where i can apply online?
supermarkets? they often take on weekend staff :smile:
most places WANT people who can work saturdays or sundays - especially supermarkets
Weekend end is wanted by supermarkets and also theres places wanting temporary christmas work so you can try and get something temporary.
im not sure if most places would want you to work one day a week because they usually have a set minimum number of hours for you to work in a week ranging from 8-16 hours. But i think thats only for big companies. Ask around at small shops or restaurants, they might have some as ive seen my friend get a saturday job at a restaurant
Reply 5
I work at WH Smith - Sunday only. My job is just to change the charts every week, and to work the entertainment desk. I just went in and asked if there was a weekend job available and they said they needed somebody to work Saturday or Sunday or both.
randomgirl
supermarkets? they often take on weekend staff :smile:

yes but not always for only one day, many have minimum hours, I know Sainsburys has a minimum of 12 hours needed to work.
I know asda are supposed to have a minimum of 12 hours a week but i have only ever worked a 6 hour shift on a sunday :smile: i think it depends on the store but there also pretty good at giving me unpaid leave or doing shift swaps if your needing more time to study or something :biggrin:
Reply 8
how do u apply for asda?

online?
Reply 9
a.sehgal
how do u apply for asda?

online?

You need to go into your local store and ask for an application form, but usually they don't have any and will ask you to send them a CV/Cover Letter and they mail you back in the post an application form.

I'd take a CV/Cover Letter in an envelope ready if you go in and ask for an app form when they say "we don't have any, bla bla" .. :p:
Reply 10
I work one day a week, 6 hours on a Sunday at Next
Hai i am prakash , i am studying B.com 2nd year , so i want money . please help me
I am prakash i want money so help me please
Reply 13
Kumon
plenty of places are happy for you to work 6-8 hours a week, which is easily doable in a day...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending